Padstow

Den

I’m looking to take the wife for a meal in padstow.

Been promising for years and with not going abroad at the mo , I thought it might be a good time.

Couple of questions.

Can you park a PVC in any of the carparks.

A site near padstow, ideally walking distance would be perfect.

A couple of sites are not reopening till 2021.

Thanks in anticipation

Den

how close do you need to be? We used Dennis Farm next to shore a couple of times (don't mix it up couple with similar names) steep slope on field, and walk into town, gets fairly busy.

I've also used Tragavone Park, this is a bit further out in the hills above, maybe a bit furture than you might want to walk, but I went in middle of august to visit my cousin, and it was easy to book and plenty of room between pitches, in fact it felt almost like going out of season.

Neighbours went with their parents to Rick Steins.

Said it was alright, but it wasn't wonderful, and quite expensive for what it was.

Gets his fish from a fish merchant, so its the same fish in all his English restaurants :-S

Hi Colin

Thank you for your response.

Tregavone is fully booked and Dennis farm is closed till 2021.

Have you seen anyone park a PVC 6.4 mtr on carparks in Padstow?

I know they purchase the Fish from market and hopefully they choose better quality and fresher than we are offered in central England.

I tend to think this will be a no go ??

Hi

Try Padstow Touring Park, we’re going there in September, and have stayed there many times.

We quite like Rick Steins, try either the Cafe or Bistro in Padstow as they’re not bad value for dinner.

There are a few motorhome parking spaces in the car park by lobster museum but this is always very busy.

We always leave the motorhome on site and walk or cycle everywhere during the day and book cabs for a night out in town (There aren’t many cab firms and need to be booked in advance).

Hope this helps.

PS Padstow Touring Park is now owned by Lovat Holidays

Never had to drive in myself, but at end of bike trail there are a few 'motorhome only' parking bays, if you look on google they are next to Freeman Sails, I'd guess rest of parking is a bit tight, also there is park and ride next to Tesco, but once again never had to use it.

The Link Road car park looks your best bet, however, you can't overnight there (appreciate your not looking to). We went to Padstow 2 years ago (in the car) and stayed 2 nights at Rick Steins seafood restaurant, all I can tell you is that the food and wine were fabulous so worth a bit of hassle.

Thank you AndyB and others that have taken the time to give me some ideas and not go blind into Padstow.

It’s nice that some like the Restaurants that have made a Padstow famous.

I’ve been waiting for the government guidelines on travel so see when I can safely take time off.

I do Airport transfers

With today’s guidance it now gives more more time to travel.

Thanks again

Stay safe

Dennis

Paul Ainsworth is very good I’m told by freinds.

But and this a big BUT my wife would contact her solicitor to start divorce proceedings ??

I’ve been promising for years to take her, but come the day we drive to France and Spain ??

I might wait till September just Incase the schools reopen and give us more space.

I'm not sure how things are down there what with CV-19, but in any normal year I would definitely recommend going to Cornwall outside of school holidays, the drop of in numbers is quite big and makes for a much more pleasant time.

I watched someone trying to manoeuvre a 6m motorhome through the car park at the bottom car park (where there were no spaces) on Thursday last week. Wasn't a pretty sight and didn't exactly endear those of us with vans to those without who were watching!! However, a couple of fairly large vans (including an A Class) were parked at the very top car park on the same day. Assume they'd got there reasonably early as it was all but full when we arrived (by car) at 10.30.

FD

(Now posted in the correct place!!)

Archived