Parking in Newquay Cornwall

Guest Paul Lines

Guest Paul Lines
Being new to motor homes is there any places to park legally for shopping, sightseeing etc. in and around Newquay. Also how can I find out for other parts of the country or do you just have to drive around and hope you find somewhere

Guest Paul W
Hello Paul Yes its easy to park in Newquay go to the main Council car park at the top of, or rather halfway up the hill on the A392, if you reach the roundabout at the top of the hill you have missed the carpark entrance. This is where coaches park and the bays are large enough and permitted for use by m/homes, read notice board for conditions. Easy walk into the town from here, bit harder on the way back as its uphill!! If you should visit Peranporth I find the best one to use is a private one turn left at the roundabout as you come to the high street and immediately turn into field carpark, I use this as they seperate cars campers and 4x4's into differant fields and you don't get blocked in as well as the people being helpful, friendly and no rushing you out at night so you can spend all day on the beach, come back and get changed and have an evening meal without having to rush. St Ives main council carpark accomadates m/homes as well and is a nice walk in or there is a regular bus service into town. Generally I find that where I have visited in Cornwall they have been quite well geared up to visiting motorhomes more like abroad. However I have not been able to say this for a lot of other parts of the country! Happy m/homing Paul

Archived