Parking in Tobermory?

michaelmorris

I was in Tobermory in June last year.

There was no problem parking in the car park at the marina.

However, the marina office would not permit motorhomes to take on water. This benefit had been withdrawn as it had previously been abused.

I did look for an accessible tap at the ferry port but I couldn't find one. The ferry office advised me to go to the marina.

I had to buy large bottles of water from the Co-op along the front.

G

There are no height barriers in Tobermory main car park and parking is not normally a problem. Please do not park on the Main Street as most motorhomes are too long and cause lots of aggro. There have also been complaints about parking in front of house windows in residential streets. The bus park may look tempting but resist parking here as fleets of buses can suddenly arrive. The camp site a mile out of town would probably be the best place for water and disposal of toilet waste possibly for a small fee.

Argyll and Bute Council are currently trying to impose extortionate parking fees everywhere on Mull but the local populace are fighting tooth and nail against this.

We have just had a music festival in Tobermory this weekend where the car park fills up with motorhomes who remain for the whole weekend which is so far tolerated. On the local Facebook page it is reported that several have been seen emptying their toilet cassettes at the edge of a footpath leading to a local park. There is already pressure to ban motorhomes from this car park which not really likely but overnight stays are likely to be banned in future.

Archived