Part/X for new.

Earthmover

If you’ve already arranged a P/X then I’d suggest you check what’s been agreed in the contract.

I’ve not P/Xed a motorhome. However, if I did, I’d have expected a dealer like any other buyer to expect fixtures and fittings to be included unless expressly specified (eg bike rack, satellite dish), but other items to be removed unless expressly specified. I’d include the EHU lead in the latter category. Personally, I’d consider a connected gas bottle to be a fixture.

Ultimately, if you’ve not yet agreed a P/X then everything is negotiable.

Just done a deal and I left on the Fiamma awning and bike rack and towbar as I was getting a good deal on my new van including these. Things like leaving gas bottles and or battery are depndant on whats being supplied as in the case of the electric lead. I left my old battery on as it was 3years old and the dealer put a good one on our new van. Gas bottles are not usually supplied so I keep them. I took off the headlight protectors and mirror guard as they were not part of the deal. The electric lead is a safety issue I think and I kept my old one for home use and dealers usually put one in for the H&S reasons. Hope this helps. we got a great P/X deal on our olld van so very pleased so far.

I believe a new van has to be supplied with a new hook up lead. Even used vans are often supplied with a new lead (that's how I've got three leads) and my last dealer said he was not allowed to take my old lead as they couldn't guarantee its safety to new buyers.

Archived