Paul Merton & Suki Webster

Ocsid

Cattwg - 2021-08-07 11:04 AM

I was curious. I’ve never seen a “wild camping” signpost before. Does anyone know where this place is? Just had a thought could it be an undeveloped area in a forestry based campsite?

Cattwg :-D

There's a 'wild camping' site on Lizard, not sure why it's called that as just seemed a standard grass campsite to me.

I caught most of the program, better than any other of this type I've seen.

I was curious. I’ve never seen a “wild camping” signpost before. Does anyone know where this place is? Just had a thought could it be an undeveloped area in a forestry based campsite?

Yes that looked a good place but I did expect them to get bogged in ?

At only £300 per day and it can pull up anywhere for them to go out and look round, marvelous, the program is as genuine as a 9 quid banknote and is that huge motorhome under three half-ton to allow them to drive on a car licence ?

chas - 2021-08-09 8:55 AM

...and is that huge motorhome under three half-ton to allow them to drive on a car licence ?

They did specifically say when they first saw the MH that it was under 3.5 Tonnes and could be driven on a car license.

Keith.

vindiboy - 2021-08-07 12:49 PM

So did I but I suspect their film crew would have been equipped with a 4x4 and had abundant support features and resources. I enjoyed the program and it was certainly interesting to find out what a nice lady Paul’s wife is.

We once stayed on a CL which consisted of a water tap and a few clearings in a wood but nothing else - and we were the only ones using it that night. Quite spooky as it went dark but lovely and silent once we got used to it.

vindiboy - 2021-08-07 12:49 PM

The site was just a few mile's t to the West of Ashford in Kent. The programme actually said it was near Tenterden which is not strictly true other than it has a TN post code.

• 4 weeks later...
John52 - 2021-09-11 11:39 AM

Just watched the last one

Absolutely Brilliant

Best motorhome programmes I have seen

:-D

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it too. I loved all the places they toured, particularly the Peak District episode and as a lad I spent many weekends cycling there staying in Youth Hostels. Winnats Pass is fantastic to drive in the day, but extremely bleak and eery at night. Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs are seriously impressive.

It was a good little series of travel docs.

On Sunday Channel 5 are screening a series "Million Pound Motorhomes" at 8pm which should be fun.

It may be entertainment, like looking at old cars, but could you make use of a £million pound motorhome?

Realistically, where could you go in it?

Bad enough parking an ordinary one.

And how could you maintain that level of appearance

there would always be something spoiling it - gold plating coming off the taps or wharever

especially if you were to actually use it.

Merton & Webster show seems far more practical to me

I raised an eyebrow when they said they were going "wildcamping". I thought "thats a bit Rock n Roll" for mainstream TV only to be disappointed that it was clearly a fake Wildcamping site. No doubt they were concerns about the raft of Nimby finger wagger complaints they would get if they had really gone wilding.

We gave up on it after a couple of episodes. Garbage.

Archived