You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Pet Passport - good news (for me anyway)
AuthorMessage
usercandapack
Posted: 3 May 2021 3:47 PM
Subject: Pet Passport - good news (for me anyway)

Treasured contributor

My dog's Passport was replaced in 2019 because the previous one was full. Unnoticed by me, the Vet used the date of issue as the date the microchip was issued/scanned, which postdated the most recent rabies vaccination.
At Pet Reception in Calais in Feb 2020, the passport was (very politely) rejected. I was given details of various vets nearby who would be able to scan the microchip database and confirm the actual date the chip was inserted.
What actually happened was that the vet I went to issued a French/EU Pet Passport with the correct dates, and Pet Reception then waved me through.
I was at the vet today to have the dog's rabies injection repeated, and was advised that with the French passport (and existing serology certificate), I won't have to jump through whatever hoops possessors of the now defunct UK passport will have to.
So, what was a bit of a nuisance at the time has had a very happy ending.
userDen
Posted: 3 May 2021 4:07 PM
Subject: RE: Pet Passport - good news (for me anyway)

Treasured contributor

Very interesting Chris.

Wife and I talked yesterday evening regarding a Spanish passport, mainly because we have a Spanish address at the moment ( it’s for sale ) and we’ve used a vet nearby to stamp our dogs passports a few times.
But I wasn’t sure how it would go when entering the uk.
Did you have to wait for the french passport and did it cost a similar amount compared with our old uk one.
Den
usercandapack
Posted: 3 May 2021 4:12 PM

Treasured contributor

Den - 2021-05-03 4:07 PM

Very interesting Chris.

Wife and I talked yesterday evening regarding a Spanish passport, mainly because we have a Spanish address at the moment ( it’s for sale ) and we’ve used a vet nearby to stamp our dogs passports a few times.
But I wasn’t sure how it would go when entering the uk.
Did you have to wait for the french passport and did it cost a similar amount compared with our old uk one.
Den

The Vet issued it there and then, I was in and out in 20 minutes. Seem to remember it cost about 50 Euros.

Edited by candapack 2021-05-03 4:13 PM
userDen
Posted: 3 May 2021 4:28 PM

Treasured contributor

Really good to hear your news.
With Eu countries hopefully opening up sometime soon, we at least have something to look forward to and I thought I’d have wait till someone has traveled after the opening up of borders before I could find out that a non uk passport would work easily.
Thank you
Den
usercandapack
Posted: 3 May 2021 5:32 PM

Treasured contributor

Den - 2021-05-03 4:28 PM

Really good to hear your news.
With Eu countries hopefully opening up sometime soon, we at least have something to look forward to and I thought I’d have wait till someone has traveled after the opening up of borders before I could find out that a non uk passport would work easily.
Thank you
Den

It is good news, but I am keeping in mind that the Vet who told me this was the same one who got the dates on the passport wrong.
But I think all will be fine. Good luck with your travels.
userkevina
Posted: 4 May 2021 6:37 AM

Gets involved

Cheaper than Animal Health Certificates for sure but the thing that puts me off getting a French Pet Passport is the annual booster requirement. It could be a bit of hassle for us having to be in the EU at the same time each year. Plus, I understand there is dubious legality of non eu residents getting them for their dogs.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator