Peugeot Boxer 2.5D over temp. light

Guest Mike

Can anyone help? We just picked our new(er) van. What we've found is that although the temp guage seems fine at 90 C or just over at 60mph, the red light keeps flickering on stating overtemp at 65 lthough the gauge has barely moved, (perhaps to an indicated 95). The light goes back to sleep when I drop back to 60mph. It doesnt boil or lose any fluid. Also Does any one know why the guage sender has two pins, when the main dealer insists that only one is needed. I know its really cold at present but the other thing is that we have not heard the engine fans cut in at all. Any advice would be gratefully received from all you deisel techies out there. PS Off to Spain in two weeks,,, we hope.

Guest Will Redfearn,Wirral Motorhome Club
Take it back, it could be a number of things. Loose wire, faulty sender or blockage in cooling system,ECU if it has one. It is definitely not right. Quote sale of goods act 'merchandisable quality' What's the warranty? That should cover it, get his statement in writing and ask him if he is prepared to cover costs if it breaks down in Spain. Is your trip within the warranty period?

Guest Derek Uzzell
Totally agree with Will's advice - you definitely don't want to be heading abroad with a potential cooling fault looming over you. (Frankly, if someone led me to believe they were sufficiently clued up about my vehicle that they knew whether a temperature-sender should have one or two pins, I'd expect them to be able to diagnose the cause of a problem like yours and successfully correct it.)

Archived