Peugeot Boxer 2015 tow bar

2GB Racing

Hi all just started researching into a Fixed Flange Tow Bar preferably with choice of two mounting heights for the 50mm ball.

Looking for supply only to fit our Autocruise Alto L4 H2 XL Swifts response was we can not advise as any tow bar will fit, An e-bay suppliers response was we do not advise fitting to PVC or PPVC

I'm happy to make the purchase when I can find the style I'm looking for (as above) but just asking if anyone has had issues with wiring in a 13 pin euro style electrics ? Did you just splice the wires in (nasty) Scotch Lock connectors (nasty) basic loom with Relay (did the parking sensors and Van system work ok)

Or did you fit proper expensive relay and correct loom etc ?

Any response much appreciated, All towing weights / license etc are in order .

I have an Autocruise Rhythm 2015 Peugeot based and it is fitted with a duel level hitch towbar which appears to be purpose made for it along with a dedicated wiring loom. I cannot see any makers name on it but possibly the Sargent electrical website may have information regarding wiring in to the system.

The reversing sensors still work on mine and it has 13 pin plug.

Yes it is a very good well made bit of kit, I am sorry I cannot help with who supplied and fitted it but if I do find out I will let you know.

I dont think you just can wire in with scotch locks etc without there being problems with bulb fail indicator lights etc. but as I said I think Sargent electrical would be able to supply the parts needed for this part of the job.

Maybe it would be worth contacting a smaller van converter company to see if they fit towbars for their customers as an extra and if so what they use.

2GB Racing - 2020-01-24 6:58 PM

Buddy, Thank you for your comments, you have exactly the end result I am after.

You might try getting in touch with P F Jones that produces campervan conversions

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/contact-us.html

and advertises towbars and wiring kits for Peugeot Boxers.

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/peugeot-tow-bars/peugeot-boxer-towbars/peugeot-boxer-van/peugeot-boxer-van-2011-onwards-towbars.html

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/towbar-wiring-kits/peugeot-towbar-wiring-kits/peugeot-boxer-towbar-wiring-kits/peugeot-boxer-van-towbar-wiring-kits/peugeot-boxer-van-2011-onwards-towbar-wiring-kits.html

Their website also has a lot of useful advice on towbar types and towbar electrics.

Well it was this actual company P F Jones via their e-bay site that refused to advise as it is a PPVC / Motorhome, Rather weird marketing as they list everything I require including the loom.

Anyway another company via e-bay is very keen to supply the tow bar and www.ecs-electronics.co.uk has the correct loom with full electronic gizmos listed which runs all the way to the under cab floor mounted battery box,s. Just trying to asertain if this full loom is required or if I can get away with a relay or two in the rear light clusters etc

Can’t say I’m too surprised that P F Jones would be unprepared to confirm that the towbar and wiring kit they sell would be suitable for your Autocruise Alto, Being campervan converters themselves, they will be well aware that motorhome manufacturers are unpredictable when it comes to modifications made to a standard panel van and the potential effect these can have on retrofitted equipment.

I’m sure P F Jones would sell you a towbar and wiring kit with the caveat that, if these proved unsuitable for your Alto, the responsibility for that would be yours.

Derek, thanks for the explanation ok I will give them a call to discuss options, the tow bar fitting is the easy bit, I have power washed under the rear end so the working area will bit a bit cleaner, will have a look in rear light cluster areas to check if provisions are in place for a plug and play loom.

• 3 weeks later...
At long last just got around to fitting a tow bar sourced from PF Jones, took around 3 1/2 hours but I was not rushing, Seriously strong bit of kit and just what I was after. Dedicated wiring loom fitted today and all lights working correctly just need to wire in up to the fuse box for the trailed items power feed.

Archived