Peugeot Boxer Tool Kit

potus4388

The description in the boxer handbook states that the tool kit is under the passenger seat, turn the knob half a turn and pull out the kit. Seems simple when you read the book, however, my seat seems to be different to the one shown in the book, there is no knob to turn and I can't get the tools out.

Anyone out there with a Boxer who can help please?

I have just taken delivery of a replacement vehicle and simply want to make sure it the tools are actually there.

Thanks.

There is a flap which pulls forward on the front edge of the underseat. It can be very stiff to pull down and a gentle prise with a screwdriver blade may be necessary. You need to lift the flap right off to slide the toolkit out. It is on the passenger side,

Compared to the Fiat Ducato Owner Handbook the Peugeot Boxer equivalent is significantly less informative.

The Ducato handbook explains how to access the tool-box (assuming that the vehicle actually has one!) in the “TOWING THE VEHICLE” section as shown in the attachment below.

The top of Flap A clips on to the seat frame, and if the inner end of the flap’s top is lifted (which should normally be easy to do just using a finger) the flap can be hinged down. As HymerVan advises, it will be necessary to remove the flap completely to allow the tool-box container to be slid out from beneath the seat, and this will require a little effort (ie. a hardish tug) to detach the bottom of the flap from the plastic ‘notches’ in which it hinges.

621616340_toolkit1.thumb.png.4c71916aee6890512bc78202cfe7bba8.png

451976955_toolkit2.png.0d8467aeee8786615dd87d2c2ffd0be8.png

Another small point which may be useful. Depending on the nature of your van there may be a storage compartment (possibly with a metal tray) under the drivers seat. I use this for emergency kit such as warning triangle first aid kit spare bulbs etc. However some convertors use this for the leisure battery. There may also be space above the toolkit box on the passenger side for storing items.

On our Globecar the drivers seat has battery under it, and passenger seat has Electroblok under it, the 'tool box' was in the back, as it is mainly plastic box I put contents in a canvas bag and put it in a little use cupboard.

colin - 2019-03-17 9:01 AM

On our Globecar the drivers seat has battery under it, and passenger seat has Electroblok under it, the 'tool box' was in the back, as it is mainly plastic box I put contents in a canvas bag and put it in a little use cupboard.

Our East Neuk Fifer has a much better design :-D :-D :-D :-D

The 240ah Leisure battery is situated underfloor amidships in an easily accessed floor locker. I

colin - 2019-03-17 9:01 AM

my sunlight is the same although i now have 2 batteries under the drivers seat it seems its not unusual on german built conversions to put the battery there as for the tools what tools i only have a jack and brace i leave that at home as its dangerous and i save some weight

As well as the jack and brace there should be a long socket and ratchet wrench to enable the spare wheel to be lowered from beneath the van.

Also with these should be a removable front towing eye.

If you have a pump instead of a spare wheel you still need to carry the towing eye which should be in the kit.

buddy - 2019-03-17 3:30 PM

As well as the jack and brace there should be a long socket and ratchet wrench to enable the spare wheel to be lowered from beneath the van.

Also with these should be a removable front towing eye.

If you have a pump instead of a spare wheel you still need to carry the towing eye which should be in the kit.

hi yes there is a towing eye but there is no spare wheel or carrier

Hi again,

I am going to sound really stupid now but having opened the front flap to expose the tool kit, it is obvious that the flap needs to be fully removed in order to pull out the kit. I can't see how to do this easily without breaking it, the handbook is no help at all and my local Peugeot dealer does not know how to do it!

Any advice from someone who knows how?

Thanks.

Just for the record, I touched on this in my posting of 16 March 2019 6:01 PM above, when I sad

“ ...it will be necessary to remove the flap completely to allow the tool-box container to be slid out from beneath the seat, and this will require a little effort (ie. a hardish tug) to detach the bottom of the flap from the plastic ‘notches’ in which it hinges.”

With the flap unclipped and vertical, take a firm grip on the upright edge of the flap that's facing towards the driver’s seat. Now jerk the flap’s edge sharply upwards and the plastic ‘stub’ at the base of the flap’s edge should pull free from the plastic U-shaped ‘clasp’ in which the stub fits. Once that stub is freed from its clasp, the stub and clasp on the flap’s opposite bottom corner can be dealt with in the same manner.

It should be plain how the flap is held in place. but I can understand that people might be wary of causing harm. However, judicious use of brute force will cause each lower corner of the flap to detach and it’s most unlikely that damage will result. If the first ‘jerk’ doesn’t work, jerk a bit harder and eventually the flap will come free. A silicone spray could be used as a lubricant on the flap’s hinge-points before’jerking’, but I’ve never bothered.

I’ve done this lots of times on the front flaps of both cab-seats and, once you’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite easy to do. To replace the flap, with the flap vertical position each ‘stub’ on its ‘’clasp’ and then give the top of the flap above the stub/clasp a firm whack and the stub should enter the clasp.

Indeed you did Derek, I apologise for missing that, my eyes were drawn to the diagrams you attached, which, as you suggested, were far better than those in my handbook. I will read with greater care in future!

Many thanks for taking the time to respond, yes, I was a little wary of causing damage, I thought there may have been some sort of fixing clip I had missed and thought it best to consult forum members, who of course, would know.

Thank you also for the 'expanded' instructions.

Should it ever be necessary to detach the ‘louvred’ plastic moulding that’s at the rear of the seat-base (Perhaps your wife’s/husband’s/partner's diamond earring has fallen off and ended up inaccessible at the back of the seat-base...) this is how to do it.

On the top of the moulding, at each corner, is a narrow slot. Insert a suitably-sized flat-blade screwdriver well into one of the slots and pull the screwdriver’s handle downwards. At the same time lift the blade of the screwdriver upwards and pulll the top corner of the moulding backwards about a centimetre. Do the same thing with the other slot. Take hold of both top corners of the moulding and pull backwards and the complete moulding will come off its fixings on the seat.

Once the moulding is off it should be apparent what holds it in place, so replacing it (after the earring has been found) should be straightforward.

Archived