Pics

charleydog

Caddies104 - 2020-06-16 8:35 PM

colin - 2020-06-16 8:15 PM

You right click on photo and then click either 'properties' or 'file information'

Very hard to do on an Ipad ;-)

Well I wouldn't know about that , :D on MS touch screens you press for several seconds and then the options come up.

I don't know about ipads but on my samsung tablet when you open a photo there are 3 dots in the top corner in a vertical line and when you touch them you get a menu which lists various options including Details this gives the size so would think the ipad is similar. Look for Derails or Properties.

Apple is Apple...

Guidance here

https://www.guidingtech.com/view-photo-size-iphone-ipad/

Whatever the original size of a file containing a photo that a person has taken with a camera, tablet or phone, it's likely that the file will still need to be manipulated to comply with these forums' 100KB size limit.

Probably the best way (or at least the simplest way) if a forum member MUST attach a photo to a posting and can't manage to do this, is for the photo to be emailed to a 'computer literate' forum member who can reduce the file's size and add it to the forum thread. I'm prepared to do this if people want to PM me, when I'll give them an email address to send the file to.

If charleydog said where he, she,or the dogs dinner lived I'm sure there would be someone he she or the dogs dinner could meet who would assist.

That's the problem when posters refuse to supply even the slightest information asked for

There must be some very frightened individuals about

Will

Will

Surely you don’t expect someone to arrange a face-to-face rendezvous with Charleydog (CD) in Lincolnshire to instruct him how to use whatever device he takes photos with just in order to add a picture to a forum posting?

Besides which it would be unnecessary as CD was able to send his photo to another forum-member who reduced it to the required size and posted it to the forum on CD’s behalf.

If I ask a forum for answers to a query (for free ) then I first do as I'm asked and provide my name and at least some clue as to where I live and the vehicle I run.

I don't see why anyone who refuses to comply to a simple set of of forum rules should expect an answer (for free).

I'll do anything for anyone but those who refuse to be polite and comply are just taking the P.

Will

I did not realize what a bucket of worms i was creating on this query. Google might have been a better alternative. But, after seeing so many pics on the forum ,seemed the best route.I did say what camper it related to,as that was as important to the query.Think a call to autosleeper is the answer. And thanks Colin for your help,your a star.

Although I provide my name and county, I'm not that worried about those who don't.

There are some considerations, you will never see me post about when or if I'm away unless it's some vague "I'll do this in future" or on return. Those who are anonymous can merrily post where they are on their travels with no worry about some 'ner do well' learning their house is empty.

As for Will, pot and black, not always gone under your own name IIRC.

p.s. I did warn Frank about this once, he posted about an upcoming trip and I showed him how easy it was for me to locate his house.

Will86 - 2020-06-17 4:54 PM

If I ask a forum for answers to a query (for free ) then I first do as I'm asked and provide my name and at least some clue as to where I live and the vehicle I run.

I don't see why anyone who refuses to comply to a simple set of of forum rules should expect an answer (for free).

I'll do anything for anyone but those who refuse to be polite and comply are just taking the P.

Will

I don’t understand why you’ve got uptight about this as (I hesitate to say this) it’s really none of your business.

That “Charleydog” has not provided a Real Name in his forum Profile is up to him. Personally, I like posters to either suffix their initial posting of a thread with a first name (real or otherwise) or put a name (real or otherwise) in their Profile, as that makes it simpler and more ‘polite’ for people responding. But I’m not really concerned if they don’t - it just means I have to use their forum user-name.

Charleydog identified his motorhome in his other enquiries about adding a photo to a posting and I am aware (from his previous postings easily accessible through the forum’s Search feature) that it is an Auto-Sleepers “Warwck” bought new in August/September 2019. I also know (roughly) where he lives as (being a forum moderator) I can see his IP address.

Anyway, over the years, how many different forum personae have you posted under? And how many of those had a genuine Real Name in the Profile?

At that particular time life was very different, both on and off the forums, anything goes was I believe acceptable then. I had a spell producing a variety poems and other amusing (so called) phrases. Keeping strictly associated with Motor Caravans on the forum was not seriously considered, then there were a number of abusive posters who disrupted everything. What we have now are people who are scared to print anything relating to who they are or where they live etc.

People are being brain washed into doing and buying what they're told, which is often very poor quality. It is a fact that I'm one of life's losers and of an age where things were simple and enjoyable. I'm having a wonderful life ... enough said ...

Will

Archived