Pilote Galaxy 740 (2017) LT 72 display panel and solar

binlicker

I have a Pilote motorhome which uses a Schaudt EBL 271 and a LT 72 control panel. I'am in the process of fitting a solar panel using the LRM1218 regulator. Will the LT 72 display show the charge status of the solar panel when connected to the EBL 271 and LRM 1218 or do I need to add the stand alone LT 330 panel. Unfortunately Mr Lang of Schaudt is on is jollies till the 18th Aug. Thank you Steve

Thanks Andrew, I just thought the stand alone panel would give more info ie how much the the solar panel was charging the the batteries at but I suppose if the LT 27 is showing fully charged it's really not a problem. I will fit without the LT 330 and see how I get on, suppose I could fit later if I wanted. Thanks Steve

Hi Steve, the LT72 is a simple bit of kit (like most van displays) and will show whatever voltage is being recived by the hab batteries. As an example; if you have the AGM2 position selected on the LRM then on a good sunny day that's what will be shown on the LT72.

All the best,

Andrew

Hi Andrew, Fitted the solar no problems the only thing was the entry point , I thought the space was limited to come in direct to the control panel only 3" plus a great big ball of wires obviously Pilote don't have cable ties. Which meant the gland was pretty much onto the edge of the roof so I removed a recessed roof light and drilled there which gave me about 18" in from the roof rail the lights are mounted on plinth so approx 1" clearance above so easy the route the solar wires. Thanks Steve

Archived