Please can we have sensible advice for Full- Timers.

Rayjsj

Ray, I fear that those who have opted out of "normal" society (my inverted commas) will now have great difficulty opting back in.

Yesterdays world was all about doing your own thing, today it is all about conforming.

I don't see an obvious answer to this?

The only sensible choice they have is to find somewhere to self isolate in their van, but where .... I have no idea.

If living in a van full time then you need to find a friend or relative with large enough ground who will agree to you parking up for a very lengthy period. Payment negotiated as you cannot expect water and electric for free....even from family.

That's the only logical suggestion i can think of. Storage sites are no use as you won't get power and water facilities.

laimeduck - 2020-03-22 11:05 PM

Ray, I fear that those who have opted out of "normal" society (my inverted commas) will now have great difficulty opting back in.

A couple of friends of mine who were long term full time motorhome and caravan dwellers have done just that.....but only just in the nick of time. They were on their usual 3 month stay in Spain when they spotted a Park Home for sale back here in UK, phoned their son to go and look it over, and did the deal over the phone after their son had seen it. They wisely left Spain and returned to UK just as Covid-19 was breaking and now happily settled in their Park Home.

C&CC have not said anything about their CS 5 van sites so they may continue to operate - or might be willing to accomodate a MH returning to UK as a refugee full timer. They might have hardstanding and water and power, which might be the vital services.

Come to tahe some CAMC CLs might be willing to accommodate too. I can't see CAMC being able to police compliance with their CL directive.

Rayjsj - 2020-03-22 10:48 PM

Please could we have some sensible suggestions for Full Timers who have no Home to go to except their Leisure Vehicle

I know there are Many in the UK.

Especially now C&CC and CMC have shut their sites.

Get yourself on Motorhome FUN. They have an ongoing thread whereby members are identifying locations, including members driveways, that can be utilised by full time motorhomers.

Archived