Pleated blinds

Raywill

I think the OP means Remis pleated blind (other makes are available).

Sorry but I cannot answer your query, you may have to buy a new full set.

If you are good at DIY, someone on another forum sourced some similar pleated material, cut it to size, punched the holes and fitted the metal rings in the holes. Sounds easy but may not be. 8-)

Raywill - 2019-01-02 12:31 PM

I have a fiat Ducato 2005 and having trouble finding a pleated blind for the front screen any ideas please.

I have them fitted to my 05 plate Ducato. I do not use them as we have a Silver Screen Windscreen cover.

There is the vertical operating screen for the windscreen and sideways operating pleated screens for the doors which I have already taken off. I might be persuaded to sell them? They are obviously not new and the plastic of the door screens is a little yellowed.

Let me know if you are interested by sending me a PM?

Jeremy

Raywill - 2019-01-02 12:31 PM

I have a fiat Ducato 2005 and having trouble finding a pleated blind for the front screen any ideas please.

I think that the REMIfront pleated windscreen-blind marketed for pre-X250 Ducatos was a one-piece design that pulled upwards from the dashboard and had guidance ‘strings’. In the UK it was apparently fitted as standard to certain Auto-Trail and Swift motorhomes around 2005.

There have been a few previous enquiries on this forum about repairing this blind or obtaining a replacement (example here)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Autotrail-front-windscreen-blind/44992/

but I don’t recall anyone in recent years being able to suggest a source for a new blind.

Dometic used to make a ‘pull-up’ roller-blind for the windscreen of 1994-2006 Ducatos, as shown in the following link

https://www.reimo.com/en/37407-windscreen_roller_blind_fiat_ducato_from_bj_94_and_model_2002/

but I believe it is no longer produced.

The Part Number for the REMIfront windscreen-blind said to be suitable for a 1994-2005 Ducato is 10016240 (as shown in this 2014/2015 REMIS catalogue)

https://magazine.camperonline.it/accessori/Remis-2015.pdf

Previous comments on this forum have suggested that earlier Ducatos had a REMIS one-piece ‘pull-up’ concertina blind (as shown in photo on the following advert)

https://www.justcaravanparts.co.uk/Remifront-for-Ducato-Boxer-and-Jumper.html

However, it is apparent from this REMIS installation guide

https://remimobil.de/assets/files/MundE/07284_REMImobil_BI_REMIfront%20II_Ducato_RZ_kl.pdf

that the REMIfront II-D windscreen-blind comprises two sections that slide horizontally as Solwaybuggier has mentioned was the case with his 2002 Auto-Trail Cheyenne.

Raywill has not said which make and type of blind he is seeking, but the only potential source for the REMIfront 10016240 blind seems to be “Just Caravan Parts” (3rd link above). As the asking-price for this part is over £500 it would be wise to confirm VERY carefully what is being advertised before ordering.

The pleated screen in my van:-

The pleated blind has a rigid full width bar which is pulled up in the centre to raise the screen.

The pleated screen sides are guided up in the side rails.

When closed the screen concertina folds down into a lower full width rail and the two hinged side rails fold down on top of this lower rail.

The two hinged side rails clip up with small plastic pegs in the windscreen pillar into slots in the rails.

The photos are self explanatory

The bottom photo shows the 2 side rails folded down & stowed.

screen1.thumb.jpg.754efd644315caf76e5cab92a98a2753.jpg

screen2.jpg.2fab56fb47f7bcbf02f66519f5bfea49.jpg

565687376_screen3.jpg.ded4b10e88b90005359b343b04e8b4d7.jpg

We had the same blinds as LaimeDuck. in our 06 plated (but 05 model) van. The problem we found was that the4 rear view mirror got in the way, of pulling right up to top! so it left a gap , which I often covered up with a tea towel!! After getting a silver screen, we did not use them.

SO motto is get a silver screen, it will be cheaper as well Look on ebay, as you may get one there when someone changes vans! Got ours from some one on this forum.

PJay

Derek Uzzell - 2019-01-03 3:54 PM

Or just remove the rear-view mirror that usually has little (or no) value for a coachbuilt motorhome.

(Didn’t your blind break?j

We used the rear view mirror all the time. We had an end kitchen, so could see through the back.Also had a magnify stick on, which was very good.

(Blind Break ? some of the sticky pads holding the string came away,due to the spanish sun, but was able to re stick them back

PJay

The few on-line references to REMIS blinds suitable for 1994-2006 Boxers, Ducatos and Relays suggest that the REMIS Part Number 10016240 relates to the one-piece concertina ‘pull up’ windscreen blind shown in laimeduck’s photos above.

I note that his 2005 Benimar motorhome has no interior rear-view mirror that might inhibit the blind from fully closing. I’m surprised that REMIS might have marketed this blind with the proviso that, for it to be properly closed, the standard-fit rear-view mirror would first need to be removed. However I’ve no difficulty believing that, before that blind could be fully closed, the mirror would need to be moved parallel to the windscreen to allow the blind to pass over it, as that action was necessary with the 2-piece REMIS windscren blind fitted to my 2005 Hobby motorhome.

I now see that this September 2018 forum thread explains why Raywill is seeking a blind

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Motor-home-windscreen-blind-problem/50180/

but the only potential source for a brand-new blind I can find is the one on this link

and it remains to be seen whether the blind (asking-price £504.38) is actually in stock or can be obtained from REMIS.

(I hesitate to say this as I’ve not seen exactly how damaged Raywill’s blind is, but I would have thought that an adequate repair should be practicable by fabricating new tabs as PAJay suggested in September. People’s DIY skill vary considerably, but the thought of spending £500 would definitely concentrate my mind!)

Derek Uzzell - 2019-01-05 8:31 AM

The few on-line references to REMIS blinds suitable for 1994-2006 Boxers, Ducatos and Relays suggest that the REMIS Part Number 10016240 relates to the one-piece concertina ‘pull up’ windscreen blind shown in laimeduck’s photos above.

I note that his 2005 Benimar motorhome has no interior rear-view mirror that might inhibit the blind from fully closing. I’m surprised that REMIS might have marketed this blind with the proviso that, for it to be properly closed, the standard-fit rear-view mirror would first need to be removed. However I’ve no difficulty believing that, before that blind could be fully closed, the mirror would need to be moved parallel to the windscreen to allow the blind to pass over it, as that action was necessary with the 2-piece REMIS windscren blind fitted to my 2005 Hobby motorhome.

I now see that this September 2018 forum thread explains why Raywill is seeking a blind

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Motor-home-windscreen-blind-problem/50180/

but the only potential source for a brand-new blind I can find is the one on this link

and it remains to be seen whether the blind (asking-price £504.38) is actually in stock or can be obtained from REMIS.

(I hesitate to say this as I’ve not seen exactly how damaged Raywill’s blind is, but I would have thought that an adequate repair should be practicable by fabricating new tabs as PAJay suggested in September. People’s DIY skill vary considerably, but the thought of spending £500 would definitely concentrate my mind!)

Derek

The mirror fitting is still present on my screen and the blind pulls up in front of it and doesn't snag. The mirror itself has been removed. I'm not sure how the mirror fits on - ball & socket or screw? It was like this when we bought the van.

The same as PJ there has been some repair to the cord to screen fixing (by the previous owner) on the front face of the pleated screen which although crude has worked. I didn't know this had been repaired as we never use the pleated screen - I did put them up once or twice but didn't look through the windscreen to see the repair. I think however the repair would be quite a simple job and could be done in-situ if necessary. The screen will come out of the runners quite easily I think if the top bar is tilted - I did have to reset the cord a few years ago and did this then.

£500 is a total rip off for these screens - they are not worth half that!

laimeduck - 2019-01-05 1:55 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2019-01-05 8:31 AM

Derek

The mirror fitting is still present on my screen and the blind pulls up in front of it and doesn't snag. The mirror itself has been removed. I'm not sure how the mirror fits on - ball & socket or screw? It was like this when we bought the van.

The same as PJ there has been some repair to the cord to screen fixing (by the previous owner) on the front face of the pleated screen which although crude has worked. I didn't know this had been repaired as we never use the pleated screen - I did put them up once or twice but didn't look through the windscreen to see the repair. I think however the repair would be quite a simple job and could be done in-situ if necessary. The screen will come out of the runners quite easily I think if the top bar is tilted - I did have to reset the cord a few years ago and did this then.

£500 is a total rip off for these screens - they are not worth half that!

Jeremy

We had to take the whole blind of the to repair. It came off with either 2 or 4 screws, can't remember now how many. Was very easy to remove and then able to repair in a flat position. We kept the blind in the frame , and repaired it flat on a table Almost a one man job, but easier with two, to hold it

PJay

• 11 months later...
Hello I know this is way out of date but you don't still have the remis blinds for the cab side windows do you? I've been looking for some for ages for my 2004 Timberland. I've managed to find a windscreen one and fitted that but they don't make for this age of van now. Regards. Tony.

moodyone - 2019-12-18 10:19 PM

Hello I know this is way out of date but you don't still have the remis blinds for the cab side windows do you? I've been looking for some for ages for my 2004 Timberland. I've managed to find a windscreen one and fitted that but they don't make for this age of van now. Regards. Tony.

Hi Moodyone - I have sent you a personal message. I do still have the two cab door fittings with pleated screens. They are for a 2004 Fiat Ducato . Reply to my message and we can see if they are right for your van.

Jeremy

Archived