Propex Heater 1600 watt fan heater - won't light?

Guest Gary Brunsdon

Guest Gary Brunsdon
Hi – I wondered if anyone could help with advice please. I have the above heater fitted in my motorhome. Autosleepers Symphony – 1996. It has always worked fine until now. However – no matter how many times I try, it will not light. You can hear the usual ticking sound, and the fan – but then it stops and remains inactive, I am using Propane as fuel – and like I say - have never had any problems using it before. So – any advice or suggestions would be very welcome.

It could be as simple as a bit sooted up, when was it last serviced? On the other hand it sounds like the sensor that senses the flame is lit is not working so after the timed start up period has expired it switches OFF so you don,t get gassed! The ticking suggests to me that the igniter is working. or Perhaps someone has turned the gas tap off so it just doesn,t light? or Perhaps a wire has fell off the gas solenoid? So You hade better take it to an expert! Good luck

Guest Derek Uzzell
I share Clive's views - if there is nothing obvious causing the problem you'll need to take expert advice. Present expertise lies in a company called "Propex Heatsource" (www.propexheatsource.co.uk) who continue to produce updated versions of your heater. If you contact them for help, make sure you are able to provide exact details of the appliance (ID No. etc.) as I think there were specification variations between heater models. I had a feeling the original Propex heaters (like yours) had an iffy reputation for problems with the electronics-board, but yours has clearly lasted well. Let us know how you get on.

Archived