Question Mark (?) on Switch Panel

Barney123

What am I doing wrong ??

I have just fitted 2 new Varta LFD90's to my Hymer B660SL to replace the 2 old Elecsol 110ah ones.

They are connected in parallel as per Alan's post on 15 Nov under "Fuses for Leisure Batteries in Parallel".

I have carried out the instructions of setting the battery menu as per Schaudt.. Instruction manual Control and Switch Panel DT 201 B. in page 13 and I keep getting the ? mark on the display

On page 17 of same manual para 5.7.5 Message for undefined battery capacity, gives instructions on how to clear the ? mark.. but again the ? mark still stays there.

My previous 2 batteries did not give me this problem, so I am stumped.

Can anyone enlighten me please.

Thanks

I assume you have reentered the 'Total battery capacity' as a base line?

If so then you just need to be patient and use the electrics as the display needs to 'see' the battery discharge a little and then recharge, before it can recalculate what it thinks is your battery bank capacity.

What it does is monitor a current being drawn and from the end voltage, it can then determine the capacity of your set-up to calculate the 'Percentage remaining' values.

So put it on EHU for a day/night. Take it off EHU and then put some lights on for about 4 hours and then reconnect to EHU.

It can sometimes take 2 weeks to work things out, depending on use, but the above process usually gets things right in a few days.

Don't forget that it can take a new battery up to 20 discharge/recharge cycles to reach full 90Ah capacity, so don't be surprised if you see '140Ah' for the first few weeks and a SOC voltage of only 12.8v.

Thanks Alan for your expert information.

Your assumption re "Total battery capacity" as a base line, am I correct in saying as these LFD90's are 90ah, so I set the figure as being 180ah ?

If so I will abide by your instructions and await to see how it pans out over the next few day or possible week..

Thanks again

Bill

aandncaravan - 2018-11-17 7:27 PM

It can sometimes take 2 weeks to work things out, depending on use, but the above process usually gets things right in a few days.

Don't forget that it can take a new battery up to 20 discharge/recharge cycles to reach full 90Ah capacity, so don't be surprised if you see '140Ah' for the first few weeks and a SOC voltage of only 12.8v.

Just an update and success.

Thanks Alan, the ? mark has finally gone after 7 days, so job well done from your helpful assistance.

Very best regards

Bill

Glad it is fixed.

A note for you and anyone one else with the Schaudt LCD displays like the DT220, Dt100, DT 201, etc is that whenever power is lost to the Schaudt equipment, like the battery clamps removed as opposed to the unit being powered down via the switches, you should re-enter the battery capacity value and then wait a week or two.

The battery capacity should be re-entered even if the existing value is correct as it acts as a 'reset'. So change the value to a random figure and then enter the correct value.

Then wait a few days for the unit to recalculate the battery capacity, and the '?' will disappear.

For detailed instructions on how to do this, see the Manuals for various DTxxx and the relevant PIN codes can be found at the bottom of the Solar Regulator advice page : http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/lr-1218.php

The instructions are also there for configuring the LCD menus to display the Solar Power charging values when using a Votronic Schaudt compatible Solar regulator, like the MPPT 165 or Schudt's own units. They don't work with the Victron range which are not motorhome based units.

The photo shows a DT201 displaying the amps going into both the Habitation area battery and the Starter battery.

1600859919_SchaudtDT201Solar.jpg.07448ff43f44a7b699cd230cf0d0718f.jpg

Archived