RE: Peugeot boxer suntor 140 2006 water tank

Bagster

Hi again, would anyone have knowledge of drain down a fresh water tank on above vehicle, the tank is situated in storage cupboard but cannot see a way of draining, or is it the case just to run taps until its empty. Thanks to all that read this post, just a newbie learning the art of motorhoming. Cheers.

Also would anyone what this is in the pic, it's on offside of van just by toilet cassette. Thanks again

Wont let me upload pic...lol

Regarding posting a photo. The rule is that the file size must be under 100K, but there are reports of upto 200K being accepted. Tick box at bottom LH corner, and add after posting, as it says.

Hope that this helps.

Alan

We used to have 2007 120 Suntor ..and although it was few years ago now, I thought the tanks were both underslung and had (blue) drain taps?...

As for the fitting/socket on the side, I seem to recall it was a 12v outlet to power a water pump?.....I think?

(lol)

Alanb - 2019-06-03 7:03 PM

Regarding posting a photo. The rule is that the file size must be under 100K, but there are reports of upto 200K being accepted. Tick box at bottom LH corner, and add after posting, as it says.

Hope that this helps.

Alan

A few days ago I commented as follows

Attaching files (photos, etc.) to a posting on these forums can be a real challenge.

The procedure involves ticking the “Attach a file after posting” box below the posting you’ve created and then clicking on the SUBMIT button.

Next you choose the file you want to attach to your posting from wherever you’ve stored that file on your device (PC, tablet, phone) and then click on the Submit button.

It’s absolutely essential that the size of the file does not exceed 100kb If a file does exceed 100kb in size it will not transfer and a mysterious error message will probably appear. So, if your photos have a large file-size, you’ll need to reduce their size to 100kb to get them to appear on these forums and this is often not a simple thing to do.

..............................................................................................................................

There are two commonly-used methods for draining a motorhome’s inboard fresh-water tank. One method has a drain-valve outside the tank (and often close to the tank’s base), while the other method involves a removable ‘bung/plug’ in the base of the tank, with the bung/plug being reached through a screw-in inspection hatch in the tank’s upper surface.

This 2012 MHFacts discussion about a 2006 Suntor 120 may help

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/forum-printtopic-1-134427-0-0-asc-viewresult-1.html

The fresh water tank was below the wardrobe, behind the Truma fire. To access the drain tap you opened the wardrobe door and lifted a wooden section at the front of the wardrobe. You can see the drain valve below it.

Archived