ROLLERTEAM 707 damp in garage

Shedifice

HI,

Our 2019 707 keeps getting dampness on the floor of the garage, its not pooling and suggesting a specific leak and given the season I am sure its not condensation.

Any advice on where I should be looking first to try and track down where its coming from.? Could the bike rack mountings be a culprit?

Have put down some corrugated card in the hope of finding the direction its coming from :)

LC

I can understand wanting to find out where it is likely to be coming from, for you own peace of mind-

but as it's a new(ish) vehicle surely any water "ingress" issue would come under warranty?, so I wouldn't actually be "doing" anything to it yourself...

Hope it's easily (and "properly") rectified.

Shedifice - 2020-08-06 2:31 PM

HI,

Our 2019 707 keeps getting dampness on the floor of the garage, its not pooling and suggesting a specific leak and given the season I am sure its not condensation.

Any advice on where I should be looking first to try and track down where its coming from.? Could the bike rack mountings be a culprit?

Have put down some corrugated card in the hope of finding the direction its coming from :) LC

It may help if you can define "dampness" in a bit more detail. You have said not pooling, but is this just surface damp of the sort might be caused by condensation, or beads of moisture, for example? Is it localised, or widespread?

There are two windows for the hinged rear bunks, plus the two side hatches, that might be sources of water ingress. Alternatively, bodyshell joints may be letting win water, perhaps especially that at the base of the rear wall or, as you have a bike rack fitted, its fixings may not have been properly sealed.

Overall, I agree with Pepe, it is a new van, so it is a matter for the dealer who sold the van to attend to. Have you advised them of the presence of the damp? If not I suggest you do so a.s.a.p. It is often a condition of the water ingress warranty that the dealer must be advised immediately any water ingress is found. I think it might also be wise to read that document closely to establish its requirements, so that you know who is responsible for doing what, and when.

Yes we have also had the same problem with our 2013 707. The effected area was replaced before we got it. However when I bought it I realized the core problem was still there on our model. It was water sprayed from the wheels and also water running off the van rear and sucking arround the bottom of the van when stationary. So, I made big mudflaps that stopped the wheel problem and put an extra ledge at the rear floor to force the water off to the ground and not back under the van The underneath of the van rear stays dry now, the difference is obvious, no wet or dirt. I believe the later vans changed the back bottom edge of the van so yours may be ok. The problem can and did migrate up the sides of the van from underneath. It is serious so use the warranty what ever the cause. But take note, mine is a design error as far as I am concerned, many vans suffer from no form of mud flap weather stop idea from wheel spray, our old Swift Royal 1996 was the same problem, it completly rotted the rear wall botom section, years later they fitted spray blocks.

Of course it could be another problem.

• 2 years later...

I have just seen this post ,I have recently just bought a 2019 Zefiro 675 ..was away this weekend ,when I noticed that the  areas around the inside of the garage doors were wet .Could this be the same issue? and would mudflaps assist? or could it be the door seals?

Archived