Rapido/scheiber fuses

davidmac

Hi I have been checking the scheiber distribution block in my motorhome to ascertain what each fuse is for. Five fuses , from left to right 1 taged as frigo, could this be when engine running. 2 cannot find anything that does not work if removed. 3 fridge when not on ehu or engine running. 4 truma boiler and hob ignition. 5 lights and tv aerial booster.So any ideas as to what fuse 2 could be for, and why does the water pump still work after pulling all 5 fuses out?

Regards David

This link is to a fairly old Rapido handbook

http://www.chrismart.byethost15.com/Materials/Manuals/Rapido/V.htm

Section 3.2 refers to the SCHEIBER Distribution Block (5 fuses) and indicates that Fuse 1 is for the fridge and Fuse 5 for the lighting, while Fuses 2, 3 and 4 are described as “Auxiliaries 2, 3 and 1” respectively.

Evidently Rapido has chosen (on your motorhome) to use Fuse 3 for fridge operation (as well as Fuse 1) and Fuse 4 for the Truma heater and hob ignition, but it’s quite possible that Rapido has not used Fuse 2 for any purpose - which would explain why removing it has no obvious effect.

Hi thanks for the reply, I have the Rapido handbook and came to the same conclusion you have. I just wondered if there was something I had missed as the manual suggests that the tv aerial booster was prewired to fuse 4 but is wired to fuse 5 in my motorhome.

Regards David

Archived