Re-wire a direct feed thetford electric flush toilet

Kevin1946

I bought a CI 500 roller team 2007 and the electric flush does not work,the wires have been disconnected

Can anyone tell me how it works

Is there a water pump on it?or is feed by the tap pump?

Is there some kind of an electric control valve

Can I fit a small in line pump on the press button switch ?

Any ideas please ?

It might be helpful if you advised the Thetford model number.

If it's a bench type toilet it's probably a Thetford C2/C3/C4. As far as I know all these can be supplied with flush water direct from the main fresh water tank OR from a separate header tank.

If it doesn't have a header tank, you can assume that flush water is pumped from the main fresh water tank.

Whereabouts have the wires been disconnected ? There is a wiring system on the roof of the cassette compartment which prevents the flush being operated when the cassette is removed. If this has been disconnected you won't get any flush.

weldted - 2019-08-16 10:26 PM

If you have a separate filler on the side of the van outside where the toilet is it has its own pump. If no external filler it uses the main pump and the wiring is for a solonoid valve.

Sorry Weldted, I cannot agree.

The Thetford C2 bench style toile tin my PVC does NOT have an external filler. It has its own tank located over the cassette, and a swivel out filler. It has its own submersible pump, which is accessible when the toilet roll holder is removed.

Alan

Archived