Rearview Mirror removal

bertyboy

Perhaps someone can help me. I have recently had a rearview camera fitted and the monitor clips over the rearview mirror. The position of the mirror does not allow the monitor to sit right so I want to unstick the mirror fom the windscren and refix in a lower position. Anyone know how to unstick it safely and when thats done what one uses to stick it back?

Hello,

I do not know how you get the mirror off, but I do know that a superglue designed for replacing mirrors and rebonding to the screen is available. Halfords would be a good start.

Mike

Berty Boy

We've had a rear view camera fitted as part of our Van bitz security install.

They mounted the rear view screen just to the right on the drivers side on the dash of our Hymer.

Our rear view mirror is totally US anyway, as we have no rear window, so can not undersatnd why we have a mirror in the 1st place!!!!

Thai

bertyboy - 2007-05-10 6:20 PM

afraid not it is an Adria Coral680 SL on a Fiat Ducato

Bertyboy

Is this in answer to my question regarding Sevel clone as the Ducato is a Sevel clone?

If so I may have the answer for you.

Bas

I don't know how bad the alignment problem is on your monitor, but should the fitter have installed a monitor that is difficult to see?  Has he fitted the wrong monitor, and would an alternative solve the problem?  Is it worth asking him to rectify the problem.  After all, I assume you paid him for a usable system, not for one that you can't see properly.

Hi Brian,

Monitor is ok but because of mirror position is not great as a mirror which is it's other function. The guy that fitted did not supply it so he would not take the chance of damaging anything.

Regards Bertyboy

Brian

Have you considered getting another mirror mount from Fiat or whoever, and just sticking it to the screen in addition to the existing one, instead of trying to remove that?  I assume (ho, ho!) that it may come with the correct adhesive.  After all the screen replacement guys must get them from somewhere!

Hope this helps.

Hi Brian

It would seem your suggestion may be the way to go I will get in touch with local Fiat dealer after we return from our trip to France although the side mirrors give pretty good vision it would be nice to have a bit of rearview vision for motor cycles and small vehicles tucked in behind.

Thanks for taking time out to answer my query.

Bertboy

IT'S HARD TO BE NOSTALGIC WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER A REMEMBER ANYTHING.

Hi Brian,

I think you said that your base vehicle is based on the Fiat Ducato, I had a 2000 model base vehicle and to remove the mirror was not a problem. The stalk of the mirror was fixed to the base (attached to the screen) by a type of sliding dovetail. If I pushed mine up it simply came away leaving the base on the screen.

Hope this may be of some help

Don

Archived