Recalls on Fiats

colin

Could any tell me who is ment to inform me of the recalls on my motor home.If my wife had not pointed the brake hose recall in this months edition of MMM I would not have given it a thought. The local Fiat dealer did one recall on the low fuel warning light last year when I had the dash replaced due to large discoloured patch.

You can always have a look yourself on http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp But it tends to be a bit slow getting current recals on the web site.

Guest Brian Kirby
Try contacting Fiat technical. You need the commercial branch, not cars. The number should be in your handbook. You'll need the chassis number (VIN). They have a database which should include your vehicle, but depending upon its history, it may not be on the UK database, or may still be logged under some other owner or service agent. They're very helpful. Hope this is Brian

Hi Colin, We had our recall for the brake hose on our 03 Kontiki quite some weeks ago, the letter came from Fiat, a few weeks previous to that we had another for the Tyre Valves, changed from rubber to metal. Fiat Information & Customer Services, number is 0800 717000. NOT EASY IN OUR EXPERIENCE TO GET HOLD OF. WE WERE GETTING THE SPEAKING CLOCK. Have had our van over a year now, and have just had a bad experience with Fiat, regarding the change of ownership Brownhills did for us last year, at the time of purchase. They had not registered us as New Owners. Brownhills came up trumps there, with the paperwork and cheque stubbs to prove all was sorted their end. Fiat tried to blame Brownhills. Only came to light, when work was required which our warranty covered. Good luck Ceri

I brought the VAN from new, therefore i thought fiat should have informed me of the situation. As for the tyre value issue, could you tell which chassis numbers are involved with this.

Hi Colin. Cant help you with the chassis info,just went along with the letter. Had the valves through the post, then took the van to our local ATS Centre. This must have been back in June / July. Ceri.

Guest Brian Kirby
Colin Try phoning 01753 511431, that's Fiat's commercial warranty department at Slough. There is (was six months ago) a Tim Speechley or a David Riches, both of whom were knowledgable about Fiat's warranty and vehicle logging procedures. I doubt if recalls are their actual province, but I'd be a bit surprised if neither of them knew the man whose province it is. When I called they had access to the vehicle logs, and could tell me the history of mine and where it was registered, so should be able to tell you how yours is logged. Then, if its wrong, what to do to get it corrected. Hope this helps Brian

Guest Derek Uzzell
Colin: The requirement for metal tyre-valves is normally linked to Michelin XC Camping tyres. This tyre is a standard element of Fiat's "Camping-car" pack that is fitted to most medium or large sized Fiat-based motorhomes. XC Camping can tolerate high inflation pressures (up to 80psi) hence the need for metal, rather than rubber, valves. So, if your 'van has Michelin XC Camping tyres fitted, it really should have metal tyre-valves too.

Archived