Referendum

Guest T Smith

Guest T Smith
The french 'non' was fueled by discontentment towards the Chirac govt. The french extreme left and the extreme right, who both whipped up ungrounded fears are the big winners. The Constitution was a bold and necessary step forward for europe. Signing away sovereignity is the first motion towards abolishing wars for ever in europe and a means of promoting a 'greener' climate. As far as Britain is concerned, it's a big pity that there are still so many 'little englanders'in England who have a lot in common with the french extreme right. The tabloids in Britain have a lot to answer for for that. Their anti european diatribes are insulting and pathetic. The 'Mail' the 'Express''the Mirror' and the 'Sun', whose 'stock in trade' is whipping up hate and distrust among nations, are quite the worst image of Britain imaginable.

Guest henry
well, ther are nationalists and europhiles, guess you are the latter, and I am the former! always 2 sides to any argument! regards Henry

Guest Paul W
I'm with you Henry. For the first time ever from me its 'Vive La France'or least ways the people, at least maybe we won't have Tony B liar trying to force it on us. Personally its stuff Europe, stuff the Euro lets become more nationalist and stop all these bleeding hearts that are trying to take us over telling us how good it is for us. I would stay independant from Europe because we aren't and never will be Europeans. Alan quite a lot if you ever have to deal with the repressive European regulation imposed upon you.

Guest mike
paulW how would you feel if you had to get a visa everytime you went across the channel? No more long trips across europe in the MH with no border restrictions. That's what would be an inevitable result of pulling out of the EU. There's too much anti-european press in this country. It's time we all woke up & thought for ourselves rather than being dictated to by Murdoch & his cronies. The French seem to be blaming a perceived anglo-saxon bias in the proposed constitution, the british press & the tories say it's a stitch up by the French & germans to create a european super state - they can't both be right!

Mike there would not be much of a problem, you are just scaremongering I have travelled to Europe for over 30 years, the earlier years with trucks which needed permits, carnet de passage,numerous currenties etc. Still managed a trip to Italy and back from GB in a week!! We will always have a problem with the French or they with us ( de Gaulle's NON!!) Let's carry on with pints, driving on the left etc. It will all happen anyway as they are sure to fiddle the result in the next vote!!! Pat

Guest Clive
We could learn a lot from the French, Patriotism for a start! They are not daft enough to accept the same diesel prices that we have to. They know that all these EU rules ONLY APPLY TO FOREIGNERS! Not themselves. Vive la difference. Now, where's Pol?

Guest Paul W
Mike. I am quite happy to have to have a visa to travel, in fact I'd welcome it. I have driven abroad before we were part of the EEC and I had no qualms about stopping for Customs etc in those days, and I used to go long distances then too, including Yugoslavia. Holding a British (not EU UK Citizen)passport was held in high regard. Being British meant something then, not the watered down small cog in the big wheel of Europe, bearing in mind they are only there and free because of the sacrifice of our British and Commonwealth forebears. I would welcome the return of closed borders, it would do far more for our national security than having to pay B liar for his nasty ID cards, yet another government money making scam. Clive you are right!

Guest nick
I agree with alan whats it got to do with motorhomes? discussing politics and religion have caused nothing but wars since time immemorial.how many times has jo frog messed up peoples holidays due to industrial action at ports !!!! think about it !!!

Guest Clive
I thought this was a forum used by Motorhome owners - who will also have a diverse range of other interests and opinions - all of which will have some merit. You cannot beat a good war to unite a country or a good strike to stiffen ones resolve one way or another! Falklands? Miners? Then again there are some not so good wars but I won,t go into that.

Guest Nick Miller
As a regular visitor and sometime contributor to this and other motorhome forums under my full name I wouldnt want folk identifying me with the views of nick the xenophobe. To each his own. jo frog ....I have written so many comments and deleted them.Best we leave her to speak for herself.

Archived