Reflective sign

Mikeandthewife

Hi all

If everything goes to plan with what's going on, we intend going back to Spain in the van, what I'm wondering if anyone can help:

I have a Fiamma bike rack on the back of our Hymer, its folded up and not in use, so hardly protrudes out very far, do I still need one of the red/white reflective signs on the back?

I used to have one, but someone decided they wanted it and stole it while we where camping and dont want to bother paying out for another if I dont need it for an unused rack.

Regards Mike

With the French and Spanish being a little anti British I would definitely purchase a new board or remove like Keith said.

I’m certainly not one to antagonise anyone, and having a place in Almoradi and really only holidaying abroad without problems while keeping within the law at all times.

( well most ??)

Mikeandthewife - 2021-01-13 12:10 AM

Den

Your probably right, it would probably be just as easy, to bite the bullit and buy another, I was just annoyed that some low life pinched the last one, will try search out low cost ones

Think I remember reading once that Spain requires a different type to the rest of EU.

My understanding is that the Spanish and Italian ‘technical’ regulations are as follows:

SPAIN

The warning board must have:

3 red/ 3 white hatched, reflective stripes

a size of 50 x 50 cm

4 eyelets for attachement

And be manufactured from metal (aluminium)

ITALY

The warning board must have:

5 red/ 4 white hatched, reflective stripes

a size of 50 x 50 cm

4 eyelets for attachement

And be manufactured from metal (aluminium)

Double-sided warning boards are available that allow the Spanish and Italian rules to be met simply by reversing the board.

Den - 2021-01-12 11:33 PM

With the French and Spanish being a little anti British I would definitely purchase a new board or remove like Keith said...

Whether or not the French are anti-British is immaterial in this instance, as France does not require this type of warning board to be used.

Archived