Remis Shower Screens

Guest Chas

Guest Chas
I am the owner of a Benimar motorcaravan, but I have a problem with the shower enclosure. The original Benimar fitted screen is a flimsy vertical roller blind. I would like to replace the vertical roller blind with a Remis Remistyle folding shower door. I have been told that Remis only supply to the caravan trade and that I as an individual would not be able to purchase one direct. Does anyone know who in the UK could supply one?

Guest Derek Uzzell
The Remis website gives the following details for their UK Branch Office. Mr Ian Fletcher Brookfield- Easton Piercy GB-SN146JU Chippenham-Wiltshire Telephone: +44-1249-75 00 45 Fax: +44-1249-75 00 65 Mobil: +44-796-73 10 279 I suggest you contact them and check the position regarding supply. (You may not be able to order direct, but it's probable you can order via a distributor or trade outlet.) If you do find out, please could you post the answer to the forum just in case I need some Remis parts too!

Guest Chas
Derek I have been in touch with Ian Fletcher. Remis only supply to the caravan / motor-caravan industry; and then they would not supply a “one-off”. He has advised to check caravan and motor-caravans made by Bailey, Autotrail, Autocruise and Swift and should there be one of the correct side then a dealer could supply as a spare. Therefore if anyone has a Remis folding shower screen (3 sections)165cm high by 80 cm wide in either their caravan or motor-caravan could you let me know the make and model.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Thanks for the feed-back, Chas. I know that Hobby use Remis products - in fact the T600 FC motorhome I'm buying has a REMIstyle folding shower screen. Can't help with screen dimensions I'm afraid, but Brownhills have a demo T600. At least your Benimar has a vertical roller-blind, rather than the half-baked horizontal shower-blind Knaus used to delight in. Me, I'd rather have a simple shower-curtain than any of the 'high-tech' solutions designers inflict on motorcaravanners - cheap, fail-safe, weighs nothing and easily replaced.

Archived