Renewing fuel filter

Guest Paul

Hi I'm thinking of changing the fuel filter on my Fiat 2.0ltr jtd having never done this before. Is it an easy job, where is the filter situated & will I have to bleed the system on completion if so how is this done. Thanking you in anticipation Paul

should be fairly easy,filter should be at front of the engine in a plastic housing,turn anti clockwise to undo,about 30 deg.it may be easier to take the pipes off the top,push in a small button on the connector to release,green i think. remove element and discard,fit new filter,refit cover with new seal,refit pipes.should be ready to go.turn the ignition on and wait approx 5 seconds,turn off ign.turn on again,wait again,system should now be primed,turn key fully and with any luck it should have started,check for leaks,job done.

Paul I have no experience with Fiats but, I have always "primed" new fuel filters with fuel (clean, new fuel) before fitting them. It cuts down on the bleeding process and saves the battery from cranking the engine for too long. Regards Neal

the hdi engine uses an electric pump, so has an initial pump run to prime the system,similar to petrol injection systems.so turning the ignition on will self prime the filter.

Archived