Replacing dome on Heki Midi roof light.

rooster63

The roof light of my Heki Midi has developed 2 cracks running up from the corners to the top of the dome which I suspect is the source of a recent leak. I have ordered a replacement dome and have done some research into how to remove the old one.

Quote: (To replace glass open the glass dome all the way. Detach the tension spring and remove the axis clamping cap from the function plates. Push the colored cylinder pin from the inside outward with a punch. Then take out the bar .Remove the hinge pins with a long-nose pliers. The new glass dome is installed in the reverse order of sequence.).

Is it that straightforward? A local dealer quoted £850 to supply and fit the whole rooflight but it really only needs the dome (£200 supply only). It is the version with the locking bar fitted in 2007. Any advice much appreciated.

Job done! Bit tricky pulling out the pins as the edge of the perspex gets in the way so had to break a bit off. The dome I bought from Camping Online £219 inc p&p. Unlike some suppliers the dome came complete with the locking bar attached so the only thing to reuse were the hinge pins which luckily I managed to extract without any snapping. Hopefully no more leaks!!

Very satisfying job done and saving over £650.

Thanks for the update.

I recently had to replace two of the blinds on our Mh.

Company supplied them FOC after I looked at the mechanism and while in Düsseldorf last year they agreed the springs had been over tensioned.

It good to do something yourself and have a greater understanding of the workings of our MH’s.

Take care

Den.

Archived