Reversing Camera

Guest Simon B

Guest Simon B
I am considering putting together a reversing camera system myself. I can get a colour night vision camera and 5" TFT screen reasonably cheaply. However the problem is reversing the image. Is there an inline module that I can buy to do this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest martin
Roadpro (check their web site) do a little unit, but it is designed for one of their cameras and it doesn't work with composite video (two wire - coming out on a phono or other co-axial socket). It is designed for a unit they sell, but may just work! If your camera produces composite video put your monitor behind you and look at it in the driving mirror! It can't be done!

Phew, this post saved me in the nick of time. I was just about to buy a webcam with the intention of connecting it to the laptop, which we use on board for satnav, and then being able to have a clear view behind. Not for one minute considering the fact that the image from the driving position would be reversed. Unfortunately I couldn't find any reference to the image reversing device on the roadpro website. Can anybody help further?

Archived