Riding Light help please

KeithR

I have a 2015 bailey autograph on a peugeot chassis Nd today, on my way through the rain and cold on my way to sunnier climes, i noticed that that none of the high level lights (front and back) or side orange lights were working.

The van has just been serviced and the headlights/tail number plate brake lights are all working fine. It seems to me that one thing is responsible for the fault, possibly a fuse?? Is there one common to that auxiliary system, or something else??

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice from you knowledge guys. I dont even know where the fuses are for those lights. I cant identify them on the wiring diagram i have. Fingers crossed!

I seem to recall a recent comment that the fuse box which controls these lights is on the 'B' pillar immediately behind the drivers seat, it may not be immediately obvious at first glance!

This is the connection point between the Peugeot chassis/cab and the Bailey MH systems.

Keith.

Hi Keith, The marker lights are not usually part of the vechile lighting systyem,

There should be a fuse box behind the drivers seat have a look in there, it controls

some of the habitation curcuits and that's where it is on my M/H.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

1 minuet late :)

That is a very strange fault because the lights mentioned are on different circuits.

The front upper white marker light and the forward 2 orange side markers are fused at the converters interface box (on the bulkhead behind the driver's seat, pictured) with a separate fuse for RH and LH side as indicated in the attached picture.

The upper red tail light and the rearmost orange side marker light on each side are fed from a connection behind the rear side light unit on each side.

I can't think of a single fault that would leave all upper and side marker lights not working at the same time (?)

Capture.JPG.b35df40e06b1dc51678f6a62dd79c0b6.JPG

Many thanks guys.. I will check out the fuses when daylight arrives now i know where to look., but if they are 2 circuits i guess i'll have to only drive in the daylight and look for a sparky in benidorm. Ill let you know if i get lucky!!!

Just re-read your post and others comments, if ALL the lights are not working on more than one circuit then I suspect you may have lost a ground connection. It would be quite common to return the grounds for several circuits to one point, possibly directly to the chassis.

Can you contact Bailey and ask for a wiring schematic?

Keith.

• 2 months later...

I apologise for not passing on my latest situation, but i was unable to sign in to the forum after my last post.

I checked the underseat fuse box, with no luck, i contacted bailey but after a couple of emails i got no help, so the problem was not resolved. As i didnt intend to drive at night i decided to leave it til i got home. I drove a week ahead of the virus from portugal, across spain and up france from perpignan to zeebrugge, and am now locked down and isolated. The van is sorned and will be so until the health problem is passed, the van will then go to my local motorhome repairer. Hes pretry good.

Thank you everyone for your help and ideas.

Found this on the fiat Forum

Sheer coincidence but the side marker lights and front high level marker lights (but not the rear high level marker lights) failed to illuminate yesterday on our 2015 coachbuilt motorhome.

I phoned a nearby dealer who advised over the phone to check the fuses in the pillar beside drivers seat. I pulled 3 fuses out one by one and pushed them back in and jiggled all the connectors and the 3 relays and hey presto the marker lights all illuminated.

I believe there may be a relays nr there where fiat leave the connection for the converter

Thats interesting, but i couldnt find any fuses on the pillar next to the drivers seat (nor the passenger seat). One fuse box (habitation fuses) under the habitation bench seat behind the driver (checked), and the peugeot? Ones on the dash by the steering wheel (not marked and not all checked).

However, i will have another look when i go to the van and jiggle any fuses i find.

KeithR - 2020-03-31 10:52 AM

Thats interesting, but i couldnt find any fuses on the pillar next to the drivers seat...

From a link previously posted...

https://fuse-box.info/fiat/fiat-ducato-2007-2014-fuses

"Optional fuse box on the right central post (where provided)

To gain access to the fuse box, remove the protection cover."

and the picture attached...

Keith.

1723952063_Fiat-Ducato-BPillarfusebox.jpg.6d1bc0fcd85c0a5ba57d57fb9b14407e.jpg

Archived