Roadstar tv with DVD player

Guest John D

Guest John D
Have any of you tried connecting a DVD player to a Roadstar 7" TV (model LCD7269TTN. Did you have any success or any difficulty? I have tried 3 TV sets (2 being replacements supplied by Roadstar) and three different leads. Every time the best I can get is a highly distorted picture and faint sound if I wiggle the 3.5mm. 4 pole jack plug around in the TV socket. The DVD player does work on our house TV. Roadstar say they know of no design fault, but to me it would seem to be something wrong in the TVsocket.

Guest Mel B
If the TV is fairly new take it back to where you bought it from and get them to PROVE that it works satisfactorily with a DVD player. Failing that, find out where there is a supplier of their TVs and ask them to arrange for you to have a demo of a DVD player on the Tv. If the supplier can't get it to work either you have your answer for Roadstar and can tell them you are unhappy as it doesn't do what it is supposed to do is, I believe, a misrepresentation and will fall foul of the Trades Descriptions Act. Don't pussy-foot around waiting for them to tell you there's a problem - make them sit up and take notice. Good luck.

Guest John D
Have just cracked the problem. Anybody else who buys this otherwise excellent Tv may like to know. I reversed the white and yellow phono plugs that connect into the DVD player and it worked. I had to do this with other leads and also if I used another DVD player. This suggests a manufacturing fault.

Archived