Rollerteam Autoroller 746 2020

Vezza

Evening all,

Hope you are keeping safe and well.

Can anyone advise how to set up the rear U shaped bed - we have tried the cushions that came with the van alongside un-velcro’ ing the sofa and lying them flat. But nothing seems to fit. I keep falling out the bed when climbing out as the pillows seem to go over the pull out wooden slats? Any images or advice for a novice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance, Vez

Based on the video Keith provided a link to, making up a transverse rear bed SEEMS remarkably straightforward given what a infuriating jigsaw cushion shuffling exercise some motorhome beds demand.

It’s clear from Vez’s posting that pulling out the wooden slatted section is known about, and then the procedure should just involve moving the four main cushions into place to produce a good size transverse bed.

The video does not go into detail on how to make up the longitudinal bed. This may be where Vez is having problems and I can easily believe that the result might prove uncomfortable. (I also note that the video shows several small cushions in one of the seat lockers, but I don’t know whether these are needed for constructing the longitudinal bed.)

Derek Uzzell - 2021-06-04 9:15 AM

The video does not go into detail on how to make up the longitudinal bed. This may be where Vez is having problems...

Derek,

Vez clearly said rear U shaped bed hence me stating the relevant time on the video...

Vezza - 2021-06-03 8:43 PM

Can anyone advise how to set up the rear U shaped bed

My fault - I've had another look at the video and now appreciate that both bed options are covered.

Each option requires the slatted section to be slid forwards and the side-settee cushions to be rearranged. That's all that's needed to create a transverse double bed, and removing the back-cushions of the seating that forms the rear of the "U" results in a very large longitudinal bed.

It seems to be a simple procedure provided that it is understood how the side-settee cushions must be positioned after the slatted section has been pulled out.

(I'm not sure how comfortable the longitudinal bed would be with the joins of the side-settee cushions being lengthways, but that's another matter. All such beds will benefit from a 'topper' to cover the cushion joins.)

Surely the dealer you bought it from can show you how to do it?

As a last resort, we've just had a couple of days away with our grandkids (5 & 7) and the clever little people won't let us help them put the beds up so I can rent them out at cheap rates if you're desperate :-D :-D 8-)

Archived