Roof air vents

Mickydripin

Hi all,

I am thinking of changing the roof vents on my 2004 Trigano Tribute and I need some help.

The roof on the outside is ribbed how do you get the right part for that, One that I did a few years ago the roof was flat so there was no problem also how do I measure it to get the correct size do I measure it from the top or from the inside.

Mike.

When I refitted one of mine I used mastic strip in the channels, cut to appropriate lengths to fill the channels by building up layers. After reaching the roof level, I ran another two layers of mastic tape around the cut out following the contact points of the footlight. When the rooflight is fitted it compresses the tape filling any small irregularities. I then finished off with a thick bead of mastic around the edge of the fitting.

Hi Derek and Deneb,

Thanks for your help but it looks like a difficult job and as there is no problems with the vents at the moment except they look a bit grubby I will attempt to clean them inside using extreme caution as we all know what happens with old plastic when you put a bit of pressure on them.

Mike.

My Rapido has a cheap and nasty small Thule Omnivent rooflight in the toilet compartment. It’s the translucent version and the plastic dome has gone a bit yellow and collected muck around its edges.

The dome really needs to come off for a ‘deep clean’, but I’m not 100% sure how to do this and the thing doesn’t seem very sturdy at the best of times. If I could obtain a new transparent dome for (say) £30, I’d have a go, but not otherwise.

Archived