SAT NAV

Guest mike Coles

Guest mike Coles
I notice from the area covwerage on the TOtOM site that SDouther Island doesn't get a mention. Does anyone know why please.

Guest mike Coles
Sorry, I hope that this one makes more sense! Eire does not appear to have a coverage under TOMTOM! Only N I is highlighted on their maps can anyone explain please since I intend to visit that beautiful country next year.

Hello Mike, From the Tomtom website Euromapping it appears that Eire is NOT covered which I find surprising. See also www.globalpositioning.co.uk website and the sales map software which shows available countries in red. Eire is shown as white. It is certainly not on the CD's provided with my Navigator 4 version 4.4 software and is definitely not covered in the UK mapping. I have all the maps configured and have tried navigating to Dublin but it is not listed as a location. Hope this is of assistance. May be worth posting a question on the Tomtom website. Regards, Mike C.

Guest Roy Hamilton
Mike. The discs I received with my Navman kit include Rep of Ireland although I have not bought the Key to open this map so I don't know what detail there is.

Guest Gordon Thomson
TomTom does not include Ireland a they use Tele Atlas maps which do not have coverage. "Well most of the Western European countries have full coverage. This includes: Austria Belgium Denmark France Germany Luxemburg Netherlands Norway Switzerland United Kingdom Other Western Europe Countries are gaining in coverage over the next 2-3 years with full coverage predicted for all countries with the exception of Eire and Northern Ireland early in 2008." The above is a quote from an interview with Tele Atlas published on the Pocket GPS web site http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/teleatlas-visit-aug05.php

Guest mike Coles
Thanks to you all for your help and comments. So, Eire no longer exists - someone should let them in on the secret!!! Regards Mike

Archived