Santander Stopover Advice.

Iain Strachan

Hi all, we did our first trip to Spain this year, with a lot of advice from the wise on here. Last time we used our tesco points and did the tunnel, but the long trip down through France was a bit of a pain not many campsites open, and although we have no probs using aires, lots had the water turned off. So even although we still have our Sept. October, trip to do (cant come soon enough) we booked Portsmouth Santander for Jan 10th next year, on Sunday! As ferry doesn't dock till 17.30 hrs would appreciate advice on where to park up before heading south?

Thanks Iain

I've not used either but there are Aires at Liergannes and at Cabarceno both close to Santander. Water may well be turned off in January so best start with a full tank!

Liergannes - N43 20.694' W003 44.463' 10 spaces, free, water but no cdp apparantly.

Cabarceno N43 21.486' W003 49.186 40 spaces. free, service point.

Any help?

johnnerontheroad - 2013-08-12 6:39 PMSorry don't know where this went http://www.campingolimpia.es/Dave :$

have to agree this is a very good stop over ...could stop at the carrefour C on map  ....http://www.google.co.uk/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=6bc1bf0f9a447c5d&q=supermarkets+santander+spain

of you dont want to travel to far first day ...also if you turn right out of port follow road lots of beach on this road

dshague - 2013-08-12 7:51 PM
johnnerontheroad - 2013-08-12 6:39 PMSorry don't know where this went http://www.campingolimpia.es/Dave :$

have to agree this is a very good stop over ...could stop at the carrefour C on map  ....http://www.google.co.uk/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=6bc1bf0f9a447c5d&q=supermarkets+santander+spain

of you dont want to travel to far first day ...also if you turn right out of port follow road lots of beach on this road

Looks like there could be a height restriction at the carrefore if the picture is of the actual supermarket.Dave

Thanks all, and Dave we haven't decided which way we are going down south but would be interested when you get there which way you went, we will be heading for Costa del Sol.

" If you are going via Salamanca try here a great stop off and they do a good menu of the day for about 9euros".

.Cheers Iain

Iain Strachan - 2013-08-13 11:50 AM

Thanks all, and Dave we haven't decided which way we are going down south but would be interested when you get there which way you went, we will be heading for Costa del Sol.

" If you are going via Salamanca try here a great stop off and they do a good menu of the day for about 9euros".

.Cheers Iain

Iain,

We are going to Portugal after Salamanca we head to Savillia and then Huelva and over the boarder to Portugal. We found Portugal way cheaper than Spain last year. Meeting with friends at Tavira then take it from then. But will let you know about stop off after Santander.

Dave

johnnerontheroad - 2013-08-13 5:59 PM

Iain Strachan - 2013-08-13 11:50 AM

.Cheers Iain

Iain,

We are going to Portugal after Salamanca we head to Savillia and then Huelva and over the boarder to Portugal. We found Portugal way cheaper than Spain last year. Meeting with friends at Tavira then take it from then. But will let you know about stop off after Santander.

Dave

I'm going to Santander in a couple of weeks and will stop at Salamanca but am looking for a campsite in Seville hopefully one within a bus ride of the City. Any ideas anyone?

Mike. When visiting Saville some years ago we camped at Dos Hermanes which is a few miles out and on a regular bus route to Seville. (I haven't got the details to hand but could get them if no one comes up with any thing better).

Thanks for the info on the Cabarceno aire near Santander.

John

Wirralian - 2013-08-13 10:09 PM

Mike. When visiting Saville some years ago we camped at Dos Hermanes which is a few miles out and on a regular bus route to Seville. (I haven't got the details to hand but could get them if no one comes up with any thing better).

Thanks for the info on the Cabarceno aire near Santander.

John

Thanks. I have googled and it seems the site is now called Camping Villsom. How far is the site from Seville?

You are right, the campsite is called Camping Viiisom and it is in Dos Hermanes. I cant remember the actual mileage out of Seville but there is a 'direct' bus service from Dos Hermanes. It is a popular site for visiting Seville. When I said that we visited there some years ago I didn't realise that it was 10 years ago. But it is still listed in Caravan Club's current 'Caravan Europe' guide.

John

Archived