Satfi or cytrac

sandalwood

Hello Mrs,

Another consideration is a Maxview "Vucube 11" , no need to mount it on the van, just place it on the ground with a clear site of your chosen satellite (4 No available), press a couple of buttons and bingo!!. I brought one 9 months ago very pleased. If you want to mount it on the Van, then buy the S/steel mounting brackets. Being able to move it around your pitch is very handy if camped by trees etc. If you do consider one then the latest versions are finished in ALL white not white and black.

regards Em.

Hi

I brought it at the NEC in in Feb this year. £70 cheaper than my local dealer!. The firm was based in Birmingham, but as I am not at home I can't check the receipt but will come back shortly. you should able check the footprint at WWW.maxview.co.uk the booklet shows it covers everywhere in Europe if you are on right astra footprint. It is the receiver that can be placed in a cupboard not the dome??.the dome as to be outside with a clear sight of your chosen satellite and beam. The maps in the booklet shows ALL of Europe is covered on the various beams?.

Cheers Em.

Hi

I had the same SatFi/Cytrac dilemma when looking for something to replace a failed snipe. Ended up with the SatFi UK. Its now been on the roof 2 years and performs well. No good for Europe though. I stuck up some pics on a recent post on here.

My decision was based on cost, the Cytrac was £1700-odd quid while the SatFi was £999. I have no doubt that the Cytrac was a higher quality product though, and its high gain, compact dish should offer decent performance in Europe vs a Dome for its size. SatFi does a whole load of domes, but I fear some of the RV models would look ridiculous on the roof of a PVC.

Nigel

Archived