Scilly Isles

Stuart

Is anyone in the group aware of the rules and regs relating to Scilly isles? Are we permitted to take our vehicles there or do we have to patronise the local hostelries? Any info would be appreciated. Ta Stuart :-)

Don't even think about it.The ferry cranes vehicles onto its deck and the cost is prohibitive.Once arrived there is a camp site for backpackers only and wild camping is out of the question. Don't be put off by all of this.In good weather there is nowhere more beautiful in the world.Its like a group of Carribean islands off the Cornish coast.If you go I promise you will want to return.Just don't even consider taking the motorhome.Caravans are also not allowed

I concur with what AW writes. There are few more beautiful places on God's earth, especially in good weather. In season it is advisable to book accomodation ahead of your arrival. However, a word of warning - you will be visiting the Isles of Scilly or the Scillies. The locals do not appreciate beng told they live on the Scilly Isles, even though they may not admit it to your face. :-S

• 2 weeks later...
Guest starspirit
I think you might find it called 'The Isles of Scilly not 'The scilly Isles'?. No way would you be able to use a 'van as you can walk the whole island from any B&B, and it is well worth a visit - but not in August if you like a bit of space! You could try parking the van at Penzance and using either the Scillonian ferry or the helicopter for a day trip taster. When the sun shines, the rain don't rain and the wind don't blow it's a lovely day out.

Archived