Scooter for Motorhome

niktam

I've been thinking about getting a scooter to trailer behind the motor home. Preferably Japanese and not too large to load and unload. It will only be used for local transportation from the site to local towns etc. and not for anything else days out etc.

So I was thinking of getting a 125/200cc size but the critical factor is whether you can store both helmets under the seat with a little extra space for a little shopping- may add a small top box as well.

Not flashy as don't want to attract too much attention. May go second hand as it won't be used a great deal.? Any suggestions please. We have bikes as well but don't want to go down the electric bike route.

If I were buying again I'd go for the Honda SH125 mode(113kg). Got the Honda 110 Vision at present (103kg)and it's good but the SH is 4bhp up on it.

As for luggage we use the Shad SH33 top box, fits one helmet in with the other under the seat.

125cc engine size seems to be the upper limit for reasonable insurance purposes. Above that, it seems to get more expensive. Insurance for ours, fully comp, is about £100.

We've got a Honda PCX 125 with top-box. Weighs about 130kg. One open-face helmet fits in the under seat storage and the other in the top-box.

Honda innova 125cc, Honda wave 110cc, both based on Honda c90 but much better, 4 speed auto clutch, about 109kgs, had two of them, Innova was best after 2007 is fuel injection, always couple on eBay, thousands of parts easily obtained very cheap to maintain

Unless you are very slim and lightweight the twist and go scooter will have clutch and belt issues two up after a while

There was a Suzuki address copy of the Innova, think it was a fl125? Not so common but basically the same, be sure though as Suzuki use the address name for a twist and go as well, none of these are in current production, there is a Honda cub 125 but only a single seater

Archived