Self levelling system

noble1

I’m looking for a little advice - I set the hydraulic levelling system whenever I’m on site - however after one very windy night I started to wonder whether I should drop back onto the vehicles wheels - I was worried if the windy twisted the vehicle I may bend the arms on the jacks - any thoughts would be appreciated

Just the thoughts I have had just lately with these unrelenting winds (as I type this its blowing a hooly outside) But I do fancy one myself.I see Roadpro are offering a reasonably priced one. I suppose its a bit like the Large sat dish you are always going to look at the weather. I would be tempted to think if in doubt lower away. The good thing is its controlled from the inside of M/H like my dish.

It might be helpful to know the make, model and age of motorhome Mark owns and which levelling system is fitted to it.

I would have thought that, if high winds are forecast or it’s already very windy when Mark arrives on site, (as Yorkyrunner has suggested) the wisest thing would be to not have his motorhome perched on its levelling ‘legs’.

The likelihood is that the levelling-legs would have to be well extended and the wind extreme for damage to the levelling system and/or the motorhome chassis to occur. But better to be safe and have the legs retracted than gamble that things will be OK.

Thank for the advice - I will contact the manufacturer but in any event I would use my own judgement ( for instance if the ground conditions were soft - I would stick to the vehicles own wheels ) it's an 8 m MH with a goldschmidt system - I was curios to see if anyone had experienced the jacks bending . Thanks again for your prompt replies -

Archived