Selling a motorhome

ChrisD

Hi Everyone

Does anyone here have a recommended way to sell a motorhome?

Obviously a dealer will offer much less than a private sale but is a private sale worth the hassle?

I have a low mileage 2 year old roller team so I presume there should be interest.

Any advice gratefully received.

ChrisD - 2019-07-10 4:41 PM

Hi Everyone

Does anyone here have a recommended way to sell a motorhome?

Obviously a dealer will offer much less than a private sale but is a private sale worth the hassle?

I have a low mileage 2 year old roller team so I presume there should be interest.

Any advice gratefully received.

I’m selling my 2 year old Globecar Campscout through Motorhome depot at the moment, I’ve read good feedback about them on some forums, give them a try.

John.

Sold mine easily via Ebay last week - It's a great showcase, you just need to filter the messers, by insisting they view prior to bidding or you will remove any bid.

Make an effort in presentation and give a detailed description with some decent photos - a bit of time spent will reap rewards.

Cost me the princely sum of £12.30......

I used eBay and Gumtree to advertise my 2014 Sunlight T67 last year and it was the Gumtree advert that sold it. Try to present the motorhome in showroom condition (non of your stuff in it) and take lots of photos. Your only allowed a limited number on both sites, but I hosted about 80 images on Flickr and provided a link to potential buyers.

sold our bailey motorhome on ebay classified, Add lasts for a month you can put 12 pictures on make a point of the extras fitted ,have a look at similar ones for sale for ideas ,sell at the same price as others including dealers,i offered a habitation service before it was collected done by a mobile guy £120 which gives a bit of peace of mind to the buyer,Mine sold after four weeks they can take a while to sell they are after all a big purchase,

Archived