Side light wiring query

JohnPG

I've just replace the rear corner bumper after it got knocked.

All in all, it went to plan. The broken one was attached with generous amounts of silicone, but as jobs go I was quite happy, and all tail lights connected without issue.

However, the side light has caused me a problem. It's a sealed led unit, so only the wires pass though the small hole from the outside in.

The wires then connect into this wiring block (an ETON?). I don't know if it's sealed, nor could I fathom how to open it. Has anyone any ideas? I've looked online and can't find them.

Worst case scenario, I simply cut it off and crimp them etc, but it seems a shame if I'm missing something simple.

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

Kind regards

John

1057358763_Etonwiringblock.jpg.ed7b1e21428dc656d0a88a70df4f3b60.jpg

The connector is a Filoform ETON23EN https://www.filoform.com/eton-connectors but I can't find out how to open it yet.

Keith.

Just had a Live Chat and answer is "I believe they are a one time use item. They are open as supplied. To shut, simply push down on the coloured button."

And the picture on the website clearly shows the button with the name on in a raised position which would confirm one time use.

Well done Keith!!

Thank you - that's great (although ever so slightly embarrassing that you found the connector so quickly...)

So, I'll try to prise the black insert upwards, but failing that, accept it's a one time use and make suitable alternative arrangements.

Brilliant - I'm delighted.

Thanks as ever.

Kind regards

John

Archived