Sigma S34 problem

BroadwayAS

Hi.

My motorhome is protected by a Sigma S34 system. Recently the radio keys stopped working, I changed both batteries and it seems to work but I notice the lights on the radio key when pressed are red, they used to be green. Anyone any opinions on this? The handbook doesn't refer to these lights.

Thanks

Helen

Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the voltage of each new battery using a multimeter? One of the batteries could possibly be duff. I guess a red light would indicate a low battery warning.

Maybe worth double checking the batteries have been replaced correctly with respect to polarity.

Lastly, the original batteries had obviously expired and may have leaked, causing corrosion to the contacts. Check the contacts and clean if necessary.

I'm only guessing but I take it you have an Auto Sleeper of some sort.It would help in future. if you announced that to start with or include it in your profile at some stage, Are you a member of the Auto Sleeper owners Forum ? Just one thought, have you replaced the batteries correctly. >>>>and I should have read Robbo's reply :->

Helen

Assuming that the new batteries are correctly installed (and I would have thought that, if they were not, the radio keys would not function) if you have - or can get hold of - a multimeter, it would be worth you checking the voltage of the new batteries.

I bought 4 new Energiser batteries for the tyre-valve transmitters of my tyre-pressure monitoring system and, although the voltage of the new batteries was OK when I checked before fitting them, the voltage dropped radically almost immediately afterwards and the system failed to work properly. Replacing the Energiser batteries with a different make cured the problem.

As you have no information about the keys’ green/red lights, you might also try contacting Scorpion Automotive to see if they can help

https://www.scorpionauto.com/contact/

Archived