Site near/in Florence

chris

Has anybody used a camp site in, or convenient for, visiting Florence? We have a 6m motorhome. I remember camping in a tent in Florence many years ago and the only pitch was on the side or a rather step hill!

There is a site called camping Michelangelo :) Its suitable for a motorhome of your size see here for details:- www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=Campsites&op=display_results&csid=427

Guest Brian Ramsden
There are two sites actually in Florence and having stayed at both I agree with the previuos post, the Michaelangelo is the better of the two. Easy buses into town from outside the gate. It does however get very busy, so you may need to get there early in the day, or book, if this is possible. I don't know if this site's data has got the web address, but it certainly won't yet have the e-mail address, so here are both:- www.ecvacanze.it and michelangelo@ecvacanze.it. The other site is ok - it is the Camping Villa Camerata, Viala Augusto Righi 2/4 Tel 055 601451. This is more difficult to find but is on the level, whereas the Michelangelo is on the side of a hill, but terraced(probably where you camped. Large 'vans can find it difficult. There are buses into town from the Villa Camerata.

From memory there are a number of sites listed under Florence. We have stayed in 2 different ones but I can't remember which two!! However, I do know that we haven't stayed at Michelangelo. We tried to get in about 12 years ago but it was packed solid. Units were just a couple of feet apart in most places and although we only had a 23' RV we could find anywhere level with enough room to roll the awning out! Neal

Guest Colin Robinson
I agree with others - Michelangelo is ideal. We have a 25' camper and we were put right at the bottom of the site, overlooking the city. It was level with plenty of room for awning etc. It is quicker to walk into Florence - about 15 mins - but it is a steep climb back up again! We got on OK last June.

Thank you all very much for that advice. I had seen the Michelangelo in the CC book but it had said that there were few pitches suitable for caravans so I just wondered! We will give it a try.

Last year we stayed at Camping Village Il Poggetto. It is just outside Florence but a but leaves from just outside the campsite. Nice Site. www.campingtoscana.it/ilpoggetto

We've spent happy days chez Michaelangelo - Colin's a slow walker - it's a five minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio if you cut down the footpaths! Just don't forget to book for the Uffizi if you want to go before you leave online! The queues are horrendous! And enjoy the enchanting city

Archived