Sites suitable for visiting Paris

Guest Paul

Has anyone got any ideas for a short stop over site,(preferably without prior booking). During late July early August, that would allow sensible travel into Paris to visit the capitol. Will not be the whole holiday but an interim on the way to the Alsace as we have been past and near on many occasions but never visited. Thanks in advance for suggestions

Guest Brian Ramsden
I can recommend the Camping du Bois de Boulogne, which is on the Seine, near La Defense. It is very easy to get into the centre from there, by publis transport. The same people have another sight on the Eastern side of Paris, which might be more suitable if you were heading off to Alsace, but I have not stayed at that one. The details of both are on www.abccamping.com/campingparis.htm However, you would need to get there early in the day to be sure of a pitch - but this applies to any site around Paris at that time.

I can recommend Camping International at Maisons Lafitte on an island in the middle of the Seine. It is in a very pleasant suburb with really nice food shops etc. Both shops and station a few minutes walk from the site. The rail link into Paris is regular and fast and there are ticket deals to suit all needs. It was a great base for us. Search on google gets you to their website Regards, Ruth

Guest Norma
Our favourite is further out. La Belle Etoille in Melun (La Rochette). Definately no booking needed. Lovely Dutch/French couple. Small pool and transport to regular train service in the morning.

Many thanks Brian and Ruth and Norma, do you have any web or site details for your one Norma can't seem to find anything on searches, probably me though I am not to good at this! Thanks again, looks good what I've seen so far. Paul

Thanks everyone for your help, we have got something to go on now and no doubt will be using one of the suggestions great! Paul

Archived