Sky Q solved !

Adiebt

New LNB fitted , software upgrade to Maxview box ( remote box now shows satellite number with Sky Q next to it on its display ) , use Q box from home , perfect ! Next job is to try and get it to connect to a Wi-fi source for full connectivity , any ideas ?

weldted - 2019-07-31 6:41 PM

I'm using a Vodafone data SIMM 50 GB FOR £20 per month as far as I can find out no caps for EU use but the unlimited is.

R u suggesting tethering the Q box to the data sim in phone / tablet ?

We just had the MiFi system fitted in our van, and it is linked to a FireStick, and so far so good. Roaming enabled, and off to Spain on Monday with the Vodafone 50GB sim. As you say, no restrictions, and as the card is UK based, the SKY system should pick up on the sim, and work normally, even in Europe! I am NOT a techie person, so the proof of the pudding should be in the travelling!! We are heading for Morocco for Christmas and New Year, and will buy a Morocco telecom sim for the time we are there, but that probably won't work with the SKY Q system.

https://www.motorhomewifi.com

Adiebt - 2019-07-31 8:59 AM

New LNB fitted , software upgrade to Maxview box ( remote box now shows satellite number with Sky Q next to it on its display ) , use Q box from home , perfect ! Next job is to try and get it to connect to a Wi-fi source for full connectivity , any ideas ?

Something to bear in mind. If you are viewing SKY in HD that you will use a lot of data, and you need to downgrade to SD to save the usage.

Archived