Sky Q

Adiebt

Just had installed at home which means my Sky HD box in the van will no longer access my Sky bundle BUT I’ve managed to “ get “ a Sky Q wide band ODU LNB so my hope is to fit it to my max view dish and take my Q box away with me ( with no broadband connection I realise there will be no catch up capability etc ) can anybody envisage any technical problems ? Cheers !

When we changed to Sky Q in 2016, I investigated changing the LNB on my Mecatronic Auto dish, but was told it wouldn't be possible.

So when we go away I just pair my card to my Sky+HD box and re-pair back to the Q box on return.

Never any problems.

derek500 - 2019-05-24 11:05 AM

When we changed to Sky Q in 2016, I investigated changing the LNB on my Mecatronic Auto dish, but was told it wouldn't be possible.

So when we go away I just pair my card to my Sky+HD box and re-pair back to the Q box on return.

Never any problems.

I was told that this was not possible , its bloody good news if it is ! Ill give it a whirl !

• 4 weeks later...

So , attempted to pair Q card with HD Box in the van , which proved impossible.

To pair you need to log in with your Sky id which automatically recognises you as a Sky Q subscriber which means that you cannot pair the card with a HD box .

Others say that they have done this , so please , what is the workaround? Cheers !

there are a few ways to 'pair' a card....using the PC/iPad might mean logging in and the issues you have...

you could try this way (the one I use....non Qbox)

I put the dish up on the van on the drive at home, the van box also has wifi capability and connects to my home wifi...

I put the card in to the van box, select Sky One which is a subscription channnel and it asks if I want to pair the box to the card....

I say yes and it does it over wifi without any logging in anywhere....

bolero boy - 2019-06-16 8:19 PM

there are a few ways to 'pair' a card....using the PC/iPad might mean logging in and the issues you have...

I put the dish up on the van on the drive at home, the van box also has wifi capability and connects to my home wifi...

I put the card in to the van box, select Sky One which is a subscription channnel and it asks if I want to pair the box to the card....

I have the van over on Thurs , I’ll do as you suggest , many thanks !

bolero boy - 2019-06-16 8:19 PM

That's how I do it. I'm lucky that I've got a hybrid LNB at home, so I can just disconnect the Q box and connect the Sky+HD box using the same cables.

Connect it to the internet, put in card and go to a pay channel. You then get the pairing prompt.

I then disconnect it and transfer to the van.

Archived