Slide out TV too high

Redrockers

Hi all,

Our 21" TV slides out from above the fridge freezer and we're finding it too high for comfortable viewing.

We don't have any other places to store a slide out TV.

So we're after a bracket that will allow us to lower the TV by about 500mm once it's slid out from its current location.

I.e. TV slides out then slides down 500mm.

Anyone seen anything like this on the market?

Thanks

Richard

If you have sufficient space behind TV in its enclosure Vision Plus do a range of brackets of differing lengths that are usually mounted to allow the TV to swing out from the wall horizontally. In your situation it may be possible to mount it so that the TV (once slid upwards) can then unfold downward on the Vision Plus arm.

David

That sure looks like a terrible TV viewing position, probably need a neck brace after half an hour, or the carrying of a live-in orthopaedic surgeon :-S

Can't suggest any ready made device that allows 2 direction foldaway particularly when in the vertical direction there's nowt much to fix to. A custom made solution would be possible I'm sure.

Very difficult to avoid a solution that doesn't compromise fridge or toilet access. A free standing tripod with Vesa bracket may be a an option?. Or permanent bracket attachment fixed to toilet door off centre, so TV clears the jamb if toilet access needed. just lift TV with Vesa plate off wall type bracket mount to store. Or similarly fixed low profile ( low profile so as to permit the fridge door(s) to fully open when tv removed) mounting plate fixed to the wall between fridge and toilet door with easily demountable articulated bracket/Vesa plate.

May be difficult finding suitable fixings in walls or a door, and may require backing plate reinforcement.

Thanks Derek for adding the photo.

And thanks David, I'll check out their options.

My alternative is to get TV glasses which would also keep my wife happy as she could then watch something different to me.

Thanks again,

Richard

My Adria has the TV in a very similar location. The location is compounded by a TV with a speaker that could only be described as pathetic. Our solution is to use our iPads to watch TV. As we have one each we can watch two shows. Problem solved.

A French leisure-vehicle accessories catalogue I still have has 4 pages advertising TV brackets made by CTA, VESA, equinOxe and Project 2000.

My 2015 Rapido 640F motorhome had the Project 2000 TV bracket shown in this advert.

https://www.caravanparts.express/side-mount-sliding-tv-bracket-left-hand-14962-p.asp

The bracket was installed in a largish ceiling-height cupboard (1st image attached below) near the centre of the vehicle and permitted a TV to be slid out, swivelled through 180 degrees and inclined downwards, thus allowing it to be viewed fairly comfortably from the motorhome's front lounge or rear bedroom. (In practice, as we never carried a TV in any of our motorhomes, the first thing I did after buying the Rapido was to remove the bracket and the cupboard was subsequently used for food storage.)

The Chausson 640 model is described in this advert

https://www.motorhomes-chausson.co.uk/modele/640/

This shows the TV bracket (2nd image attached) and I'm guessing this is a 'right hand' version of the Project 2000 product used in my Rapido.

I can't see any possibility of keeping the TV in its present location and (once slid out) lowering it downwards. Relocating the TV elsewhere in the vehicle is complicated by the 640's drop-down bed layout and - as Richard has touched on in his original posting - (given the 640’s layout) Chausson's 'solution' may be the only realistic one that combines tidiness, convenience and space-saving.

912620251_tvbracket.jpg.1f28e2c72256c3bcfb8c876631666c1f.jpg

1419666489_640bracket.png.7ccae308a8ab59a2b50516c8af625d5d.png

Archived