Solar Panel install on Burstner Lyseo TD 590

fripp

Has anybody installed their own solar panels on this or know where Burstner run the cables from the panel to the battery. It looks like the only way is down behind the fridge and under the vehicle unless anybody know of a better route or conduit already laid?

• 2 weeks later...

i have the 2020 lyseo 680g which has a solar panel fitted already although today i was adding a second panel. The wiring enters the van in the kitchen cabinet above the sink/hob in the corner nearest to the bathroom. There is some brown vertical plastic channeling in the corner hiding the wire.

Have you had a look at the EBL119 under the passenger seat to see if there is a cable lying loose ready to be connected?

Yours could be a similar arrangement

Thanks for reply.

My van has no factory fit solar panel, and I think the solar prep/wiring is an additional cost item that was not fitted either

Was your first panel a Burstner factory fit? I think you have a large separate splashback around the whole window, see pic (680 above, 590 below). So the trunking will neatly go behind this?

No splashback on mine so will look to see how to best hide the wiring.

680.JPG.635fcc2cc2c25ea61973060aeab3f6ed.JPG

590.JPG.c5ee7e6238099c1d9b587981e2ed39b3.JPG

look at this video at 6.20mins and i can clearly see the brown box trunking in the left corner of the cabinet. Now feel down the back of the cabinet over the quarter height back panel and if you can find a thick white cable i think we can assume you have solar prewired

I don't actually have the van in my possession as yet, just pictures. Just working through how complicated doing the things I want to when I get my hands on it.

Will take a look at the EBL wiring loom when I can.

Thanks

Archived