Spain

Daggers

As you will be "off-peak" it is well worth getting the ACSI card and campsite books. (I've ordered mine at £13.99 from the Camping and Caravanning Club).

If you're not familiar this lists campsites across europe with fixed discount prices, loads of details, coordinates, with opening dates - especially important out of season -around 1800 of them across France and Spain (including Benidorm).

In Benidorm our favourite site is Villasol - but no good if you have dogs.

Have a great time.

MartinP

We live in south east Spain on the Costa Calida near Mazarron. If you feel like venturing a couple of hours further south from Benidorm we have some stunning coastline and scenery. There are plenty of sites on the coast here as well as aires and wild camping. At this time of year we are inundated with visitors wintering over particularly from Germany and the Netherlands. Pay a visit sometime, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Beautiful here today, sunshine, blue sky and about 20 degrees! If you Google Bolnuevo and Puerto de Mazarron you’ll get some ideas as to this lovely part of Spain.

Daggers is asking for recommend ations of where to go so why not just answer his question about where you have visited and would recommend to others. Does it really matter where in Spain you recommend if he hasnt already made a plan, maybe your suggestion will decide where he goes. We went down to Gib last year, good for shopping but dont get the taxi up the rock as you go through boarder controll as you'll get it cheaper in town. There's an Aire, Spain side of the boarder within walking distance of it and its on the marina.

Relax and enjoy

We are off to France and Spain this coming February and had the same dilemma as you until we were pointed to and article in MMM " Grand Tours " issue Oct '16 pages 105 -109. Beautifully laid out with maps, distances, places to stop and approx how long to get there ( aires etc ) and notes from someone who travels Europe on a very regular basis.

Our ferry is booked with our 3 dogs and we are using this " guide" and feel confident. Maybe not every bodies taste but, I my view, a really good starting point. You never know maybe we will up somewhere. Have a great journey

• 4 weeks later...
Daggers - 2018-12-20 4:43 PM

Hi

We are heading for Benidorm, will be leaving in February and would like to use Aires.

We are in Spain now near Elche on a club rally that was booked July last year. Its a huge site and is nearly full. As for finding an aire near Benidorm I wish you luck, as we stopped at a camper contact place and our neighbour was broken into, so we moved onto La Torreta for security and paid a lot of money for a short stay. I would recommend an ACSI card for sites but at this time of year near the coast most sites are 20 euros plus a night and fully booked . Motorhomer book for the duration of the winter on these sites and don't leave until March or after Easter. I believe Spanish coast is over subscribed by motorhomers and the wild campers are becoming unwelcome by locals and police because for their behaviour [ lifting man hole covers to dump black waste or even worse dumping in the sea] .

I would certainly recommend Calpe as a destination,as there is 4 good camper sites in the town {proba bly full] and a newish one Estrella Polar just a short distance outside the town. Try looking online with Camper Contact for all types of stops. Good Luck

Archived