Spare bulb kit for Fiat Ducato 2017

Jac55

Hello, Could anyone advise / send a link for compatible spare bulb kit for Fiat Ducato 2017 please? I thought it would be an easy order via Amazon / Ebay but am phased as some kits say they are for a Fiat Ducato but have 'universal' on the label. Many thanks

Jac55

You haven’t provided in your posting (or in your previous postings) any details of the make/model of Ducato-based motorhome that you own.

If a Ducato-based motorhome is an A-class design, it may have few, if any, of the lights fitted to (say) a Ducato commercial van. Even with a ‘coachbuilt’ design, where the Ducato cab-unit is retained, high-level and/or rear lights are unlikely to be Fiat products. If the motorhome is a panel-van-conversion, all of its bulbs should be listed in the Ducato Owner Handbook.

For my Ducato-based Rapido motorhome I carry a set of ’spare’ bulbs that comprises those bulbs that I know will be suitable for the cab-unit (using the data in the Ducato Owner Handbook), plus bulbs that are suitable for the lights fitting during the conversion phase (Rapido helpfully provides that information in its User Manual).

Thank you for replies; and after a little research found where / how to post what van I have- apologises should have been a bit more observant when signing up - as it makes such difference when posting a question.

Well done for posting the identifying information. :-)

Appropriate replacement bulbs should be

H7 55W - used for both main and dipped beam in the headlamp unit.

W21/5W - but only if your Tracker’s headlamp units have non-LED front side-lights/daytime running lights.

H11 - but only if your Tracker has front fog lights.

WY21W - front direction indicator in the headlamp unit.

W16WF - orange bulb for direction indicator in exterior mirror unit - this bulb seems a mite tricky to source, but there’s an advert for it here https://tinyurl.com/qqrrkhf

W5W - marker lights along the lower part of the motorhome’s side-bodywork.

That leaves the bulbs for the light units fitted by Auto-Trail

- 2 front and 2 rear high-level marker lights.

- rear number-plate lights

The high-level 3rd rear brake light will be LED type, and I believe the 8 round units for rear side lights, brake lights, turn indicators, fog lights and reversing lights are also LED type. If that’s correct and any of those units fail the complete light-unit would need to be replaced.

That is undoubtedly the case but - as Jac55 said in his original posting - such kits are commonly sold as ‘universal’ and (as this example advert will show)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-DUCATO-Bus-Van-H1-H7-emergency-replacement-bulb-Fuse-set-spare-kit-12v-/301083419592

some of the bulbs will be superfluous for a 2017 Auto-Trail Tracker RS, while other bulb-types that were factory-fitted when the motorhome was constructed will not be present. And, of course, for the budget price it would be very optimistic to expect the bulbs/fuses to be high quality.

I notice that a Bosch-branded H7 bulb kit is available for around £10 (example advert here)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Bulb-Kit-Maxibox-477-499-H7-12V-1987301113-/163058042929

This would still not provide a ‘complete’ set of bulbs for Jac55’s Auto-Trail motorhome, but there would at least be a reasonable chance that the bulbs that are in the Bosch kit are good quality.

Archived