Spell Checker

fred22

The trouble is spell checkers don't help with the most common mistakes which are using the wrong words.

Your, you're.

There, their, they're.

Loose, lose.

Advice, advise.

I use the Google Chrome browser which spell checks in real time as you type the words.

fred22 - 2009-07-03 10:58 AM Someone mentioned using the spell checker. Where is the spell checker for this forum located? I have tried using the ABC check at the top of the page but it will not connect with the messages.

Do a "Google" for a neat little application called IE Spell.  Download and install.  It sits on the Internet Explorer command bar, and is therefore available with any application that uses Internet Explorer.  You can even use it to check the spelling in your PMs. 

It pretends you can teach it new words, but it's custom dictionary seems to be wiped when IE is closed, thus things like "motorhome" will always appear as spelling errors, since it thinks you should say "motor home".  Apart from that, it is quite good and useful.

Guest Tracker
messerschmitt owner - 2009-07-03 2:56 PM

change to firefox - much, much better than internet explorer and with a built-in spell-checker

This Firefox won works four me two!

Hi,

If you have the Google tool bar then just select the "Spanner" symbol and go to "Tools" and put a tick in the SpellChecker box and away you go, it works on all typing in any of the Browsers IE?, FireFox etc any browser that supports the Google tool bar.

I haven't used the Yahoo Tool bar but I would suspect its in theirs also.

Hope that helps.

It becomes a Icon on the Tool Bar and when you have finished typing or part the way through just click on it to start the check and click to stop, very simpoooolllss :-D

Archived