Stand up paddle boarding campsites

Bluebanjo

Camping du Lac de Maine in Angers - excellent campsite close to a lake with plenty of activities on it

Camping la Mignardiere at Ballan- Mire, just south of Tours, which is a gorgeous campsite with nearby Lac du Bretonnieres, again, plenty of activiities and calm and safe.

In UK there is Kingsbury Water Park, a very good Club site with plenty of lakes just designed for water sports.

In the Uk the CMH site near Coniston is ideal. I used to take my windsurfers there for the ease of access from the site. It’s a great location to be on the water. There are other lakes that are driveable but it’s good not to move the Moho just to get on the water.

Scotland has a number of CMH club sites next to lochs, both fresh water and sea water. Many sea water sites are sheltered and relatively safe as long as you are sensible and only go out with onshore winds and watch tides. The Bunree site near Fort William is next to a long sea loch. Easy access to the water. Used to take my children windsurfing there.

If you are going abroad lots of options. The huge lakes near the coast just south of Bordeaux are ideal. Again an old windsurfing destination for us. Avoid that coast though, fast tide currents, you need to be experienced for that coast.

Austria, the Salzburg region have a number of lakeside sites. Beautiful location to be on the water.

Swiss lakeside access can be more tricky so do your homework before you venture there.

Peter

Archived